By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Tennis Ultra Smash will have Online play 1v1, 2v2, local play up to 4 and Amiibo support

Kennel83 said:
I've never played a mario tennis before so I don't know it but, are some courses different from what it's seen in the trailer? It would be awesome if some course was in a forest, something like in mario world, or inside bowser's castle, or a haunted house with a lot of boos. And they could go crazy and make a mario galaxy one. The game would be so much better.
I'm happy there are online modes, I read a lot of people complaining because Nintendo didn't say anything about it and they thought there wouldn't be.
I'm buying this game as a present and I know the online mode will be much appreciated.

Actually we don't know what are the others courses but I'm pretty sure some themed courses will be unlockables in the final game, 'cause it was always the case in the old Mario Tennis. We always got Mushroom castle course, Bowser's castle, etc.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
er, yeah online.... But the most barebones they can find apparently. He also says the people he talked to say the game is not very good.

Yeah, this seems like a really rushed title. And it will probably sell better than Xenoblade... I wish we got a strikers game instead, maybe next-gen? The amount of filler games this year and next year makes me hope that the NX will come out soon. If they added Mario themed courses and a story to this game with rpg elements it would be infinitely better! They could ask help from Alphadream for the writing/rpg stuff.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

cycycychris said:
er, yeah online.... But the most barebones they can find apparently. He also says the people he talked to say the game is not very good.

I really doubt that, since all others Nintendo games do that.

Anyway, the website has opened : http://mariotennis.nintendo.com/ultra-smash/