By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot on PS4 - Make It Happen!

Lets help bringing back Crash Bandicoot, go to your PS4, search for a user called Narvikgutten, scroll down to communities, and join the "Crash Bandicoot Worldwide Community" :D

Currently have over 520 members :)

Image:

https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaupload/tmp/eca4d2e99e1c2e463ac86bd1c77781e25978caff1c3e821264638b49/original.jpg

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

Jak or Sly first.
I'd really love for Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch to get their sense of innocent fun back.

I would love it but it´s never happening

It will never happen
I remember Acti owns Crash so Acti destroyed Crash and Spyro and they will never recover from Actis misshandling

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

LemonSlice said:

Jak or Sly first.
I'd really love for Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch to get their sense of innocent fun back.

Not happening.

Wish it would. :'(

Around the Network

1. It doesn't matter who owns the Crash IP right now. It has fallen into disuse, and after a decade of a slow but large fall in relevance, I doubt the price is nearly as high as it may have been once upon a time to acquire the rights. Naughty Dog is a successful enough studio that they could get Crash back on their own, and considering Sony themselves would likely be making the deal, it would be a pretty easy matter to resolve.

2. Naughty Dog has said they are not currently interested in pursuing advancement of their old IPs. They are focused on character driven narrative experiences, which is why this last generation we saw increasingly impressive Uncharted games, and the stellar The Last of Us. Naughty Dog recognizes that currently, they are in a position where they have the power and ability to turn out great experiences like they have been, and as a studio, they want to remain focused on these kinds of projects.

3. That doesn't mean Naughty Dog will never go back to Crash, or Jak for that matter. The big thing to take away from their 2014 statement is that until the creative well runs dry for them and they need a change of pace once more, old series won't be getting attention. This doesn't mean Naughty Dog won't return to the series five or even ten years down the road. They know there is an audience for their old games, but they also know their current game style would not easily work with Crash or Jak, which is why the characters have fallen into disuse.

Basically, just be patient. Game studios won't move at any pace but their own, no matter how many groups and petitions people make. There is no guarantee that Crash is dead, but that doesn't mean haphazard attempts at organizing a group pushing for a revival will ever make a difference. No group will make Naughty Dog magically decide that hey, you know what, they should move away from the formula that is working for them and leading to ridiculously critically and commercially successful titles.

And before someone says that another developer could handle Crash, ignorant of the ten years following Naughty Dog's final Crash game that everything went stumbling downhill: just no.

LuckyTrouble said:

And before someone says that another developer could handle Crash, ignorant of the ten years following Naughty Dog's final Crash game that everything went stumbling downhill: just no.

Crash Twinsanity and the GBA Crash games were actually good. I don't understand why people think they're so bad nowadays.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Have you ever heard of #BuildingTheList??

Don't copy random editorials.

If a new Crash was made it would not sell very well, even if it was made it would be made by a lesser studio (as it should be ND has WAAAAY more important projects to be on)

I've pretty much accepted that Crash will never return to his former glory. :/

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."