By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Wii U now, or wait for NX?

Tagged games:

What Should I do

Buy Wii U now 203 42.65%

Wait for NX 125 26.26%

Buy Wii U at bargain price 86 18.07%

Buy Hooker 62 13.03%

Total:476
spemanig said:
Pavolink said:

Confirmed? No. That was another dream from Iwata before the colossal failure it became the new console. Also, the patents have gladly show us there's no disc drive, so no bc. Thank god!

The architecture absorbtion isn't confirmed, lmao? Okay. That quote came after it was clear to Nintendo that the Wii U failed. And genius, you don't need a disc drive for BC anymore! :O Thank God!

OMG! How in the world is Ninty going to pull of BC without a disc drive? Please tell me you don't actually believe Ninty would give out digital copies of WiiU games do you?

Around the Network
Nintyfan90 said:
spemanig said:

The architecture absorbtion isn't confirmed, lmao? Okay. That quote came after it was clear to Nintendo that the Wii U failed. And genius, you don't need a disc drive for BC anymore! :O Thank God!

OMG! How in the world is Ninty going to pull of BC without a disc drive? Please tell me you don't actually believe Ninty would give out digital copies of WiiU games do you?

Aren't they currently doing that with Wii games on Wii U?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nintyfan90 said:

They aren't going to give digital copies of anything. You keep your digital Wii U purchases. You're shit out of luck with your physical games, like with the XBO and PS4.

zorg1000 said:
Nintyfan90 said:

They carge $$$ for that. And that's through Virtual Console.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
zorg1000 said:

Ya that's what I expect next generation

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Nintyfan90 said:

They aren't going to give digital copies of anything. You keep your digital Wii U purchases. You're shit out of luck with your physical games, like with the XBO and PS4.

Which would be majority of the Wiiu user base and XBO/PS4 aren't backward compatible so they aren't comparable here.

zorg1000 said:
Pavolink said:

Ya that's what I expect next generation

Yep, but I'm also open to see NX versions (ports upresed) for games like Super Mario Maker and SSB Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintyfan90 said:

Which would be majority of the Wiiu user base and XBO/PS4 aren't backward compatible so they aren't comparable here.

The majority of the Wii U userbase has digital games. Maybe not all of their games, but almost everyone has games that will transfer over. The XBO/PS4 example was just referring to physical BC, which is 100% comparable.

spemanig said:
Nintyfan90 said:

The majority of the Wii U userbase has digital games. Maybe not all of their games, but almost everyone has games that will transfer over. The XBO/PS4 example was just referring to physical BC, which is 100% comparable.

The "major games" are physically bought by the majority. We are talking about a console with 32 GB of internal memory.

What do existing Wii U owners have to do with it when this discussion is about should someone buy a Wii U or wait for NX?

They clearly don't own ANY Wii U software at the moment and so digital only backwards compatibility wouldn't be forcing them to double dip...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.