By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Twilight Princess possible HD release, not virtual console.

Which one do you think it is?

HD Remake 231 57.18%

Port to eShop 126 31.19%

Nothing 47 11.63%

Total:404
Ultrashroomz said:
Cloudman said:

: I Plat plz, my fav Zelda game is Major'a Mash : P

Never heard of that one, it involves mash?

The best kind : D

...Majora's Mask...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:

The data file is titled The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD.

The icon isn't simply the game and Wii logos, like all other Wii eShop games.

Well color me interested. Though not in a good way. I want a twilight Princess remake, but I want it to be done like the 3DS Zelda remakes, not like Wind Waker HD,  which is what I'm almost 100% sure it would be like. I don't think we're going to see Nintendo give that game the complete overhaul it needs desperately. 

More time wasted that could be spent on Zelda U!!

But seriously Nintendo really loves re-releasing their console Zelda games huh? The 3DS got OOT and MM while the Wii U got Wind Waker. I was hoping that the inevitable TP re-release would be saved for the next handheld or home console.

I figure they would hold off on a another Zelda HD re-release until the next Nintendo system.

Could someone post a picture of the icons for Mario Galaxy 2 etc. featuring this supposedly missing "Wii" logo? Because my interpretation is that they're referring to this:

And it seems likely to me that the Wii logo is just a generic "frame" around the icon, not a part of the icon itself.

There is a problem with this theory: the Twilight Princess icon is not the same aspect ratio as the icons above, so it wouldn't fit inside the Wii frame:

The plot thickens. It's a perfectly square icon. In other words:

Around the Network

I got it guys. Nintendo is embracing GameCube backward compatibility and letting the disc run in Wii U Menu. Apparently, Twilight Princess is the first one.

the_dengle said:

Could someone post a picture of the icons for Mario Galaxy 2 etc. featuring this supposedly missing "Wii" logo? Because my interpretation is that they're referring to this:

And it seems likely to me that the Wii logo is just a generic "frame" around the icon, not a part of the icon itself.

There is a problem with this theory: the Twilight Princess icon is not the same aspect ratio as the icons above, so it wouldn't fit inside the Wii frame:

The plot thickens. It's a perfectly square icon. In other words:

Now where's that Direct, Nintendo? 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

The plot thickens, indeed.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

If it is a remake, I wonder if they will modify the Temple of Time boss like the E3 demo

JetSetter said:
More time wasted that could be spent on Zelda U!!

But seriously Nintendo really loves re-releasing their console Zelda games huh? The 3DS got OOT and MM while the Wii U got Wind Waker. I was hoping that the inevitable TP re-release would be saved for the next handheld or home console.

But that would delay the Skyward Sword port they think fans are clamoring for...

All jokes aside, I was hoping for the same thing as you...

Have a nice day...