By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Review) | ZyroXZ2

I actually watched the whole thing and enjoyed your review.

Personally I'd give it a 9/10. I find the lesser modes actually the best to play with friends. Heroes vs villains is epic when you've got a team on party chat.

Capture the pods, cargo, blast etc take place on smaller maps so the action is much tighter and fast paced.

I'm over rank 40 and only 0.1% have made it to 50 according to the trophies so I'm probably in the top 1%. The weapons and card selection are very good I think. If you get high enough you unlock them all and there's some pretty good combinations.

There aren't a ton of maps but as a poster on gaf said, I'd rather 10 of the best maps they could possibly make instead of 100 boring and bland maps that only have 3 or 4 you'll like.

If this was the end game I'd agree and say yeah content isn't enough to last a full year but we're getting 2 free maps and a knew game mode from a new planet on December 1St and 4 expansion packs over the next year in the season pass.

Additionally there will be more free maps next year released to everyone not just pass holders and you can be assured they're will be knew weapons, cards, traits blasters and more modes.

All in all they nailed the reboot and it leaves them in a powerful position for battlefront 2 which should have content and quality.

My review of your review: 9/10 short, sweet and to the point. Looking forward to the next.

Around the Network

It's finally here! One of the largest game-worlds to ever be created, and also part of a genre that is sorely lacking on the Wii U. Is this all the reason a JRPG fan needs to buy a Wii U?

https://youtu.be/IQKwNjpZESg

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
OneKartVita said:
I actually watched the whole thing and enjoyed your review.

Personally I'd give it a 9/10. I find the lesser modes actually the best to play with friends. Heroes vs villains is epic when you've got a team on party chat.

Capture the pods, cargo, blast etc take place on smaller maps so the action is much tighter and fast paced.

I'm over rank 40 and only 0.1% have made it to 50 according to the trophies so I'm probably in the top 1%. The weapons and card selection are very good I think. If you get high enough you unlock them all and there's some pretty good combinations.

There aren't a ton of maps but as a poster on gaf said, I'd rather 10 of the best maps they could possibly make instead of 100 boring and bland maps that only have 3 or 4 you'll like.

If this was the end game I'd agree and say yeah content isn't enough to last a full year but we're getting 2 free maps and a knew game mode from a new planet on December 1St and 4 expansion packs over the next year in the season pass.

Additionally there will be more free maps next year released to everyone not just pass holders and you can be assured they're will be knew weapons, cards, traits blasters and more modes.

All in all they nailed the reboot and it leaves them in a powerful position for battlefront 2 which should have content and quality.

My review of your review: 9/10 short, sweet and to the point. Looking forward to the next.

Thank you, sir!

I think everyone's entitled to their purchases and how they feel about them, but it seems even you agree the content is lacking.  I'm pretty sure that "free" content they're adding isn't going to wildly change that proposition, either, though!  We'll see, I still intend to play and stream, especially closer to that snazzy new Star Wars movie!

^^/
Bryank75 said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

In defense of her brutal kills, Lara Croft was always supposed to be a gun wielding badass to begin with.  But more about her personality: I believe you're mixing up "adventurer" and "explorer" spirit.  They seem interchangeable, but there's a minor difference that I think is the writer's attempts to give Lara a much more aggressive personality.

Adventurers look for the thrill.  They're seeking the new and different.  This is generally a passive concept.

Explorers push the boundaries, trying to pave paths where there may be none.  This is generally an aggressive concept.

An explorer, in Lara's case, has to be of the "kill or be killed" mentality since an explorer would constantly be in unknown and potentially hostile territory.  While I don't personally know the writer's mindsets, that's what I got out of the Tomb Raider reboot: turning Lara into a "kill or be killed" survivor, which seems to have carried over into this game.

Either way, the dialogue's just fine.  I think people have gotten so used to games trying to add some flavor that they forgot what serious dialogue would sound like, hahaha

Good points and I am sure the game can be excellent even with these things that I see as faults (i.e. just my opinions). As with the 2013 reboot, I will give it a try eventually...

Enjoyed the reviews, very thorough. You are very good at presenting as well. 

Thank you as well, sir!  I definitely hope you do give it a try, it's criminally undersold given its quality, even if a person may not find it to be their GOTY personally!

^^/

Subbed.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Any story spoilers in that Xenoblade review? Interested in thoughts on the story, but not spoilers of course.

Wagram said:
Any story spoilers in that Xenoblade review? Interested in thoughts on the story, but not spoilers of course.

Nope, there is none.So dont worry and watch it!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Now I really can't wait to explore Mira, only four more days!

Wagram said:

I don't know why people keep asking with my reviews, but I don't put spoilers in my reviews

^^/

Sure, Nintendo fans have been wondering where F-Zero is. What they probably haven't played is WipEout, which this game is closer to in overall terms of handling design. Nonetheless, F-Zero and WipEout fans share one thing in a common: a love for insane speed in an anti-grav environment. Does this indie title deliver?

https://youtu.be/HwlcRLftRMk

^^/