By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - The fall of The Daily Show

Do you like Trevor Noah as the new host?

Yes 29 28.16%

No 32 31.07%

Don't watch The Daily Show 42 40.78%

Total:103

Step 1: Have Jon Stewart retire

Step 2: Have an unknown person that barely did any work on The Daily Show take over as host

Step 3: Realize he isn't funny even with The Daily Show writers

Step 4: Watch him laugh more than the audience at his own jokes

I'm about to give up on the show.... Trevor Noah isn't that funny and it is a shame that they let John Oliver leave for his own show at HBO.  They should have signed John Oliver before HBO could snatch him up.  He handled the show well while Jon Stewart was making his movie.  I believe I have laughed about 2-3 times in the past 6 episodes when Trevor Noah took over.  This is almost as bad as Larry Wilmore taking over Colbert spot.  I used to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report all the time through Hulu+.... I gave Larry Wilmore a chance but his show just sucks.  Now The Daily Show is starting to show signs of suckage.

What are your guys thoughts about the new Daily Show?

Around the Network

Jon Stewart was great. I liked his show, we have a lot of it with Russian fan translation. Now - not even interested to watch it... (

I actually like Trevor Noah in the Daily Show, he's a good job of keeping the flavor of the Daily Show without seeming like a copycat. Plus, his ratings have been pretty good.

Larry Wilmore is god damn awful though.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

You young whippersnapper! Back in MY day, the Daily Show was hosted by Craig Kilborn (who went on to host a late night show) and we didn't think John Stewart would be able to carry on the legacy.

Some things never change.

i haven't watched trevor yet so i have no opinion there but john oliver is amazing. love his work on daily show and on HBO. he would have been an excellent choice.

Around the Network

I haven't seen it yet since he took over but it will be very hard to replace Jon Stewart.

Signature goes here!

d21lewis said:
You young whippersnapper! Back in MY day, the Daily Show was hosted by Craig Kilborn (who went on to host a late night show) and we didn't think John Stewart would be able to carry on the legacy.

Main difference is that Jon Stewart was more known and a true comedian for way longer than Trevor Noah.  It appears that Trevor Noah didn't try to dedicate himself to comedy till about 2009.  Jon Stewart struggled as a stand up during the 80s and finally landed his own show in the early 90s.  Fact is Trevor Noah isn't as good of a comedian as Jon Stewart.  Hell, even John Oliver is 100 times better of a comedian than Trevor Noah.

I have a slight negative biased towards black comedians (even though Trevor is mixed race).  Honestly, Dave Chappelle is the only black comedian that I really enjoy.  Larry Fillmore was decent when he was on The Daily Show doing small bits but his show just plain sucks.  I gave his show a chance but it seemed like he focused too much on black lives matters movement when he first started his show (that was the main headline news at the time though).  Was that movement important?  Yes, but as a white person I don't feel a need to hear about it everyday.  You might not have a good view of me anymore after stating this but I'm just being honest. 

It went from being a fantastic show with Jon Stewart, to being craptastic.

Honestly cant believe it is the same show, its like production value 100 to zero, or near it.

At this point if you watch it, its only because it has the same name, and your nostalgic.

I watched like 3 episodes. He is awful.

If I wanted to see a shit show I would have tuned in to Larry Willimore.

sethnintendo said:
d21lewis said:

Main difference is that Jon Stewart was more known and a true comedian for way longer than Trevor Noah.  It appears that Trevor Noah didn't try to dedicate himself to comedy till about 2009.  Jon Stewart struggled as a stand up during the 80s and finally landed his own show in the early 90s.  Fact is Trevor Noah isn't as good of a comedian as Jon Stewart.  Hell, even John Oliver is 100 times better of a comedian than Trevor Noah.

I have a slight negative biased towards black comedians (even though Trevor is mixed race).  Honestly, Dave Chappelle is the only black comedian that I really enjoy.  Larry Fillmore was decent when he was on The Daily Show doing small bits but his show just plain sucks.  I gave his show a chance but it seemed like he focused too much on black lives matters movement when he first started his show (that was the main headline news at the time though).  Was that movement important?  Yes, but as a white person I don't feel a need to hear about it everyday.  You might not have a good view of me anymore after stating this but I'm just being honest. 

*shrugs*

Don't worry. After convincing me to buy The Letter for WiiU, my opinion of you will never be good.  But you're still the same Seth we've always loved. Nothing's gonna change that.