By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Farcry to be announced. Livestream. Farcry: Primal. During Ice Age.

Update: here is a link to the live Stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQmt-60nUY&feature=youtu.be

at the moment of writing this there is nothing going on. but why put up a live stream if they arent going to show anything? 

IGN Turkey has accidentally revealed Ubisoft’s upcoming announcement as Far Cry: Primal. More details should be revealed shortly, but if you’re interested you can see the tweet just below, which was promptly deleted by the media outlet.

Following previous rumors, Far Cry: Primal is reportedly going to take place during the Ice Age.

Developing…

Thanks, Reddit.

source: http://www.onlysp.com/ubisofts-upcoming-announcement-is-for-far-cry-primal/

Around the Network

Thought it was confirmed. Kotaku reported it was

Blob said:
Thought it was confirmed. Kotaku reported it was

where the fuck was i?

and where the fuck is the HYPE!!!!!!!

I really hope it's a departure from FC4. FC3 was my favourite game of 2012, FC3BD was my favourite of 2013, but FC4 left me really cold due to it's massive amount of recycling of stuff from the prior two. Don't get me wrong it was still really good but I tend to enjoy FC more when there's a massive shift in tone. This could be exactly what they need to keep the series fresh.

Yes!
God YES!

Finally games are switching up settings.

Around the Network
TheGreatGamerGod said:
I really hope it's a departure from FC4. FC3 was my favourite game of 2012, FC3BD was my favourite of 2013, but FC4 left me really cold due to it's massive amount of recycling of stuff from the prior two. Don't get me wrong it was still really good but I tend to enjoy FC more when there's a massive shift in tone. This could be exactly what they need to keep the series fresh.

personally i did every mission in FC4 expect the last shangri la mission which was just boring and annoying with how unfair and hard it was. (all shangri la missions were boring). though yeah, there was a big amount of recycling from Farcry 3 and i think they need a switch up, specially if this game is going to be released next holiday.

the biggest issue i want to be fixed though is the variation in the map. pretty much everywhere looked the same in Farcry 4. they need to work on variation and different settings within the same map. they could also take the wild life to the next step. make each animal behave more like it does in real life, add variation when it comes to fighting them, and if any group or herd they should work on mimicing that better. 

So would the entire game run on ice physics?

That would actually be pretty interesting.

bananaking21 said:
TheGreatGamerGod said:

personally i did every mission in FC4 expect the last shangri la mission which was just boring and annoying with how unfair and hard it was. (all shangri la missions were boring). though yeah, there was a big amount of recycling from Farcry 3 and i think they need a switch up, specially if this game is going to be released next holiday.

the biggest issue i want to be fixed though is the variation in the map. pretty much everywhere looked the same in Farcry 4. they need to work on variation and different settings within the same map. they could also take the wild life to the next step. make each animal behave more like it does in real life, add variation when it comes to fighting them, and if any group or herd they should work on mimicing that better. 

Indeed, just the more I played the game the more I saw FC3 again. I had forgotten until you mentioned it but Shangri-la's final boss/mission was just horrible. Almost rage quit there. Strongholds were a great addition, as was the buzzer gyrocopter (except the noise it made cause it was always cutting out) , but the more I played the more it seemed like FC 3.5, so when stuff was in both but worse you noticed it. Towers seemed a lot weaker this time around, for example. Hunting seemed a lot less fun as well. Don't get me started on eagles and archers either.

I think done right Primal could be what the series really needs if they switch the map up like you suggested. Their old way of getting around that seemed to be the drugs/tripping missions since FC3 where as I think a lot of us just want more map variety.

Wow prehistoric open world from the accomplished far cry team, now THAT is a must buy :)