By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS2 and Nintendo Wii.

Lets see both Nintendo Wii and the PS2 share quite a few things in common.

1. The PS2 was last generation's shovelware machine it had a lot of good games on it but there was also a lot of crap games on that system. The Nintendo Wii is the shovelware console of this generation and has a lot of good games already but it has had a lot of crap games.

2. The PS2 sold over 120 million consoles in its life time so far in 7 years. The Nintendo Wii is expected to reach 120 million years in 5 to 6 years time.

3. PS2 was the market leading console of its generation smashing its competition in sales and appealing to all gamers both hardcore (minority) and the casuals (majority). The Nintendo Wii is the market leader of the current generation and its smashing its rivals, Wii is popular with all gamers both casuals and hardcore.

4. Both PS2 and Nintendo Wii have the inferior consoles of their generation in regards to graphics , memory and storage capacity, where its rivals had superior consoles.

5. Both Nintendo Wii and PS2 are the cheapest consoles of their generation. 

Around the Network

I bet a lot of people who owned a PS2 from last generation will get on board the Nintendo Wii band wagon.

One thing, The ps2 wasn't the cheapest console last gen the gamecube was. Everything else is good.

Rock_on_2008 said:
I bet a lot of people who owned a PS2 from last generation will get on board the Nintendo Wii band wagon.

Nope not me, I'm getting the PS3, my sister on the other hand has picked up a wii although her previous console was a gamecube.

one key thing that separates the PS2 and wii is 3rd party support.

Around the Network

One more thing the PS2 & Wii are the most hacked system of their gen

Rock_on_2008 said:

Best typo I've seen all day. =P

The reason the Wii is seeing less third party support is that virtually everyone expected the PS2 to be a smash hit back when it was released, but very few people had the foresight to realise the Wii was going to be thing round's winner. I expect the Wii's slice of third party support to resemble that of the PS2 at the same point of its life in another year or so.

Every gen, a consonsole sem to take the stand of one from last gen... the 360 seems tobe the gamecube and the PS3 the XBox. (Or Viceversa)

Thy are bpound to fall more towards 50-60 mil each, but won't stand a chance at the Wii (PS2) sales.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Third party support lacking for Nintendo Wii at the moment but in a year's time Nintendo Wii would gain more third party support with third party developers needing to maximise profitability by bringing more games to the leading console in the Nintendo Wii.

@Parokki
GREAT AVATAR! I love it!

OT: Third parties get most of their info from "professional annalists" that are supposed to predict how the market is going to go, and even now they predict PS3 most of the time, I personally think these guys are Sony fanboys that have the same thing running through their minds "Sony R Fail? NAO WAI!!!! SONY R WEEENAR!"

On a serious note third parties trust the goofballs and the predicted leader is who they jump on, you see a lot of people coming in late in the game now and throughout the year we should see much better support of quality titles.

People complain about third party games on Wii right now and yet I challenge most people to think up a good memorable title from PS2's third party library a year after launch, there is a couple out there but theres a couple on Wii too so just quit complaining!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000