By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - When will Minecraft sell 30 million on PC?

3 months ago on June 30 Minecraft sold 20 million on PC/Mac. It now sold 1 million more since the milestone.

https://minecraft.net/en/stats/ 

So when will it hit 30 million? Since it took 3 months to sell another million I think it will hit 30 million after the 2017 holidays.

What does everyone think?

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network

So....any guesses?

Never

end 2016, update 1.9 is coming and like you said it sold 1 million in the worst three months for sales.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
Never

It will happen in a few years.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
end 2016, update 1.9 is coming and like you said it sold 1 million in the worst three months for sales.

I forgot that the summers were slow months so you may be right.

With every piece of hardware that exists getting a Minecraft port (minus Nintendo systems for some dumb reason) I'm sure that it will take four years to achieve the milestone. Also, if you count pirated copies, it probably passed the 60m already.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
With every piece of hardware that exists getting a Minecraft port (minus Nintendo systems for some dumb reason) I'm sure that it will take four years to achieve the milestone. Also, if you count pirated copies, it probably passed the 60m already.

We are only talking about the PC/Mac sales of Minecraft.

(I do still question why Nintendo doesn't have Minecraft on their systems)

darkenergy said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I know. I'm just saying that, the more and more systems get MineCraft, the slower PC sales are going to become.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
darkenergy said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I know. I'm just saying that, the more and more systems get MineCraft, the slower PC sales are going to become.

Hmm in fact more people tend to get it on pc aswell after getting it on other systems. We also forget the W10 release of MC don't think they are counted yet with PC sales.