By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: This may be the last chance for Chibi-Robo

- Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash will release on the 3DS next week

- Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe says about the franchise:

"To be honest, this might be the last chance for us,"

"I’ve continually thought about ways to build this into a mainstream success," Tanabe says of the franchise. "We’ve challenged ourselves in assorted ways along those lines, but I can’t say that we’ve found the answer yet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYMDB0W-tts

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/30/9423069/chibi-robo-zip-lash-nintendo-3ds-interview

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Doesn't look good, so I don't particulary care.

Everyone buy this game! Save Chibi-Robo!

Chibi-Robo is dead then.
The gamecube game looks much better from a gameplay perspective, and a graphical one as well.

Theres no way this game, that doesnt look like much magically turns out huge sales numbers.

What made it great was that it was 3D, and inside a house. Your a tiny toy, that does alot of small misions, to get adoration, and make a family happy.

This looks like alot of randomly themed levels, and plays more like a 2D mario game.

Its basically nothing like what the gamecube game was.

I loved the original. Really surprised that didn't get a port to Wii or 3DS. It's only the original concept that interests me really.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

don't see it as it would save the franchise.

MikeRox said:
I loved the original. Really surprised that didn't get a port to Wii or 3DS. It's only the original concept that interests me really.

Yep basically my thoughts as well.

This just ends up as another side-scrolling platformer that theres so many of lately.

I dont see how throwing away a good concept for something everyone else is already doing, is going to save it.

If people right now want a platformer, chances are they ll be busy playing super mario maker instead, of getting and playing this.

As long as the reviews aren't awful, I'll be getting this game. Pretty surprising to hear the producer say this about a game though...

JRPGfan said:

Chibi-Robo is dead then.
The gamecube game looks much better from a gameplay perspective, and a graphical one as well.

Theres no way this game, that doesnt look like much magically turns out huge sales numbers.

What made it great was that it was 3D, and inside a house. Your a tiny toy, that does alot of small misions, to get adoration, and make a family happy.

This looks like alot of randomly themed levels, and plays more like a 2D mario game.

Its basically nothing like what the gamecube game was.

It doesn't look like it plays at all like a 2D Mario game, outside of being a sidescroller.

How can you drastically change the gameplay of a series and expect that to act as a representation of the series and potentially "save" it? This barely looks like a Chibi Robo game. It's like if the next Pikmin was a card battle game and they told us that if we wanted there to be more Pikmin, it had to do well.

I think sometimes Nintendo relies too much on the standing power of characters rather than of games themselves, because that's kind of what they're communicating here.