By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Disgaea 5 Is Another PS4 Hit

Reviews are pouring in and it's good news. I might pick this up. I'm currently leveling up my character in the demo:

81 on Metacritic after 17 reviews:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/disgaea-5-alliance-of-vengeance/critic-reviews

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

That 70.. Did he not know about dual audio or is he a dub fanboy? -.-

Game rankings http://www.gamerankings.com/ps4/835980-disgaea-5-alliance-of-vengeance/index.html

I have tried and tried and tried and tried to get into Disgaea since the PS2 days. Never holds my attention. For Tactic JRPG its too open to be enjoyable to me.

I was under the impression it would score around 82... I guess we will have to wait and see. Furthermore, I just hope there is enough sales to generate interest for a sixth installment.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Xxain said:
I have tried and tried and tried and tried to get into Disgaea since the PS2 days. Never holds my attention. For Tactic JRPG its too open to be enjoyable to me.

Not to mention Xain-San the near endless hours of grinding. Hour of Darkness definitley has a soft spot for me.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

Around the Network
OnlyForDisplay said:
Xxain said:

Not to mention Xain-San the near endless hours of grinding. Hour of Darkness definitley has a soft spot for me.

Oh yea! That too! Having to grind in a SRPG is ... so blah. 

i have never played a Disgaea game before but i did download the demo and enjoyed it so i will probably pick this up.

Xxain said:
OnlyForDisplay said:

Oh yea! That too! Having to grind in a SRPG is ... so blah. 

Well.. sometimes it does have its metrits, such as easter eggs or other funny/goofy goodies. Either way, I am just glad some devs. are going back to that "Retro" formula of the grind and/or multiple endings, such as in the case of Fallout 4 or Witcher 3.

animegaming said:
i have never played a Disgaea game before but i did download the demo and enjoyed it so i will probably pick this up.

Enjoy the grind Anime-San should you pick it up! So much to do in a Disgaea game!

Define "hit"

Good reviews, I couldn't really get into the franchise. Prinny is cute though