By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't wait til March...

March is the month that most great games for the PS3 in the U.S., because there will be a lot of games finished then, there will be a lot of publicity for the PS3 because it will get released in Europe, and game publishers will finally release the games that they've held onto until there's a lot more PS3s that have been bought.

Around the Network

I don't think you can say that the publishers are holding titles back just for more console. This early in the game cycle they don't know enough of the system to get the games to the level they should be so every day they are in the publishers hands they are getting better. Motorstorm for example is getting online play and it might get slit screen action if consumers ask loudly for it.

I don't think MotorStorm will get splitscreen even if we ask for it very loudly. The next MotorStorm will probably get it, as the developers will get better at developing on the PS3, as you said. But what I'm saying is that the PS3 games are being held back because there's a low attach rate right now (I wonder why), the PS3 is harder to develop for, and the developers want to sell more games. When is the next big news for the PS3 going to show up? During the European PS3 launch. People all around the world who want PS3s or have them will hear more about it and more about the games, so they will buy more games. It's a good plan to earn more money or lose less money if your game doesn't sell much. It does have the adverse effect of making people less interested in the console(s) you are making games for. I'm guessing that in March, PS3s will be very scarce, as there will be a lot more news about it around that time frame.

PS3 sales will pick up when and only when FF and GT come out exclusively for the PS3. Those are the only two games that would make me jump ship from the 360 to the PS3. But when will that be? First quarter of 2009? It's going to be a long march for the PS3.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)