By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you attend church weekly? Yearly?

I'm a Christmas and Easter Catholic. That's about all I can stand.

Around the Network

@luinil

It is true, Darwin converted very near his death

That's not correct.

Charles Darwin was not only a Christain from his birth but also a clergyman of Church Of England. However during his life his beliefs evolved from more fundamental to more liberal. His voyage on Beagle around the world when he have seen how Christian treats Indians and finally death of his doughter mitigate his connection with Church. However Darwin always restrainted from ideology's war and avoided unnesesarly controversion what in the end helped him and his theory to be seen as a real science and not anti-christian attack.

Machina-AX said:
luinil said:

I don't want to force this down anyone's throat, so please take this with a grain of salt. I would like everyone who says never or rarely to check out the link in my sig or the link the OP. You might be surprised or you might be confirmed in your distrust*. Just check it out if you are interested. What do you have to lose? Just a rhetorical question, no need for a response.

Nobody is perfect, so you have to leverage that into your thoughts about Church Leaders. Now if they do something horrid or lurid then they should step-down. People in these positions should be held to a higher standard.

*edited

+1 on the patronising scale.
-1  on conversion potential.

How is this patronising, I find no part of this condescending.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

I try to go every Sunday but I havent gone really in the past month with my dad out of town and what not. BTW I was never forced, I didnt start going until almost two years ago on my own free will (I was 16). I think it really has helped me in my life and I will continue on with it after I go to college, as long as there is a good Church nearby.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

i got caught masterbating to the a statute of the mary person

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise

Around the Network

@ Kamil: Thanks for the correction! I was not aware of this. I had thought that he converted near his death, but I guess I am thinking about his scientific findings, or something else... I will make note of this for future times. *quickly makes notes*

@Kenzomatic: Thanks for the backup^^

@ DNNC: how does this further debate? please don't post stuff like this in this thread... it really isn't necessary...

Yes, I go to church every week.

I'm an atheist so I never go to a church for religious reasons. I visited Canterbury Cathedral & Boston's trinity church last year because they're beautiful buildings with fascinating architecture.

Funerals and weddings only.

Quote --->  about X360, MS made a BIG anti-piracy system, it is called 3RLs, or RRoD. I know a bunch of ppl afraid to open a X360 and void warrant because they will need it...