By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global SW July 25th is up!

AbbathTheGrim said:
SnakeDrake said:
Its lest exciting talking about sales more then one month old.

For me it's more like confusing. When they release old numbers I am like: where was I in that point of my life?

Your right where as its earlier to remember where you were a week ago compared to a month ago XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
UltimateGamerConsole said:
binary solo said:
WTF GoWIII remaster is over 100K in just 2 weeks. It really has no right to even exist let alone sell 100K in 2 weeks. And this is coming from someone who generally thinks remasters are OK, when done with the right game. That's pretty much pure profit for SSM, which means seed money to fully fund the next couple of indies.

I was getting all excited about being able to see MGS hardware effect real soon when this chart came up. But then I remembered this is a July chart and the next chart is only August, which means even with these hastily posted weeks VGC is STILL ONE MONTH BEHIND!!

So somehow you are fine with Reamster of every last-gen game left and right, but GOW III for some reason doesn't deserve a remaster? WTF? Its a 5 year-old epic game that should be experienced by all gamers period. And if there is any game which is right for a remaster, its GOW III. Clearly there are some folks who were interested an that's why its selling somewhat okay. You shouldn't speak for everyone if you don't like a game enjoyed by a huge number of people.

If you know anything about me you will know that I've played EVERY God of War game. I am a huge God of War fan. Doesn't mean I have to think that a GoW III remaster is a good idea. GoW fans mostly remained loyal to PS3 last gen, so there's not much of a new audience for GoW III without going a full trilogy (at least) collection. It's going to sell OK, but I don;t think it will sell anything lke TLOUR or the UC collection, because all the people new to PS (or at least who skipped PS3, are a market for TLOUR and the UC collection, but they aren't really going to go for the 3rd game in a franchise like GoW.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
UltimateGamerConsole said:
binary solo said:
WTF GoWIII remaster is over 100K in just 2 weeks. It really has no right to even exist let alone sell 100K in 2 weeks. And this is coming from someone who generally thinks remasters are OK, when done with the right game. That's pretty much pure profit for SSM, which means seed money to fully fund the next couple of indies.

I was getting all excited about being able to see MGS hardware effect real soon when this chart came up. But then I remembered this is a July chart and the next chart is only August, which means even with these hastily posted weeks VGC is STILL ONE MONTH BEHIND!!

So somehow you are fine with Reamster of every last-gen game left and right, but GOW III for some reason doesn't deserve a remaster? WTF? Its a 5 year-old epic game that should be experienced by all gamers period. And if there is any game which is right for a remaster, its GOW III. Clearly there are some folks who were interested an that's why its selling somewhat okay. You shouldn't speak for everyone if you don't like a game enjoyed by a huge number of people.

If you know anything about me you will know that I've played EVERY God of War game. I am a huge God of War fan. Doesn't mean I have to think that a GoW III remaster is a good idea. GoW fans mostly remained loyal to PS3 last gen, so there's not much of a new audience for GoW III without going a full trilogy (at least) collection. It's going to sell OK, but I don;t think it will sell anything lke TLOUR or the UC collection, because all the people new to PS (or at least who skipped PS3, are a market for TLOUR and the UC collection, but they aren't really going to go for the 3rd game in a franchise like GoW.

Well now you make sense, but still some fans and some newcomers who played the first two on PC through emulators or PS2 - Xbox 360 guys will find it appealing. Please don't speak for everyone else when you say a game isn't worth a remaster, for some its wrth it and its only $40, granted a trilogy would have been much better value. But that's one of Sony's poor decisions and it will bite them in the ass later.

For me its one of those games I'll pick up alongside Uncharted NDC PS4 bundle and AC: Syndicate later this year. These five games should last me till Uncharted 4 pretty easily.