By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm On Chapter 11 Of MGS5 ... When Does It Start Being Fun?

Tachikoma said:

The series tagline is "Espionage action", not FPS.

Heh.

EDIT: goddamit VGC and its embed thing.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Yd_ckHj3k

Around the Network
jigokutamago said:
Anfebious said:

You like those genres but that doesn't mean you like them together. It's like Pizza and Pasta. I like Pizza and I like Pasta but when you combine them you get something disgusting.

Yeah

I'd still eat it though.

I'm very open about food and I'd love to try that pizza, in fact I might prepare it this weekend! I'm not sure if I would put the spaghetti right on top when I cook the pizza because when you put it on the oven it gets crunchy... and I don't like it crunchy. My comment was just to give an example though, doesn't mean it's true .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wright said:
Tachikoma said:

Heh.

EDIT: goddamit VGC and its embed thing.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Yd_ckHj3k

playing MGS games like an FPS is akin to playing "Snap" with pokemon cards.

Now you know that games are not for everyone and you won't have a blast during the entire playthrough just because reviewers and most people likes it. Congrats

Also you don't look for the fun in a game, it happens. You are doing it wrong

John2290 said:

Been a lurker here since 2007 and I've read many complaints but they seem to be genuine like in the case of the OP here, he seems to jump the gun alot on first impressions where his hype/expectation are just coming down from the sky and settling into the reality of the game. He also said he hated The Witcher 3 but I'm not sure anyone in the first 5-10 hours of the game  were thinking, wow, this is everything the hype made it out to be, at least not the newcomers.

These threads are pointless because it like someone reading the first chapter of a bestselling world renound book and saying I don't like it.

I'm not the sort of person that gets hyped over what other people say. I'm a realist and as a realist I say it as I see it. My complaints about The Witcher were the controls but I got used to them. I still didn't finish it though because I got bored with it after about 60 hours.  I was already bored of this game after 3 hours and every SINGLE thing in this game iritates me, and I mean EVERYTHING. It's NOT a MGS game, it's Farcry for the dudepros.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I can understand why you don't like it. The mission variety isn't that great at first, and it's on the easy side. Every outpost looks the ssme and can be infiltrated the same way. Also seeing the credits after every mission breaks the immersion.

I do like the game, but the missions haven't been great I'll admit that. Just stick with it for a while longer, and try to update your arsenal or approach to your liking.

Tachikoma said:
It starts being fun around about the time you play it like its supposed to be played.

That's an oxymoron.

MGS was never meant to be fun.

I haven't played MGSV but it's looks like Peace Walker HD. Same missions, same Mother Base navigation and side-ops, same Fulton system, same everything. It can be exciting if you never heard of PW.

Anfebious said:
jigokutamago said:
Anfebious said:

You like those genres but that doesn't mean you like them together. It's like Pizza and Pasta. I like Pizza and I like Pasta but when you combine them you get something disgusting.

Yeah

I'd still eat it though.

I'm very open about food and I'd love to try that pizza, in fact I might prepare it this weekend! I'm not sure if I would put the spaghetti right on top when I cook the pizza because when you put it on the oven it gets crunchy... and I don't like it crunchy. My comment was just to give an example though, doesn't mean it's true .

Sure. Don't forget to put some ketchup and/or peanut butter on top of the spaghetti, so they don't get crunchy.  :P