By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why you shouldn't purchase a 1TB PlayStation 4

Burek said:
sabvre42 said:

See the problem isn't a single device, but all devices in combination.

In addition to the ps4, you have the TV, router and constant ds4 charges. Then you have appliances, light bulbs, laptops, tablets, curling irons/ straighteners (my wife), garage door opener, toaster, etc.

It used to be common to see my electric bill hit $110. I've since dropped it to or below $80 via being observent of usage like led bulbs, using the fire tv for streaming instead of the ps4,  and using our led tv instead of plasma.

Cool for you, I guess. But a few dollars a month is not worth the constant worrying about light bulbs and whether I should wash my dishes after 10pm to take advantage of cheaper electricity rates. I rather spend a dollar more for a regular lightbulb than go blind under those crappy dim LED bulbs.

What I would save on electricity I'd probably spend on medication and prescription glasses.

LED bulbs here in the US use 20% the power of traditional bulbs... and don't burn out for 10x the time on average. They also put out as many lumens as the normal bulb (flashlights will actually put out more lumens). The power companies also subsidize the cost by 20-30%.

Anyways, my point is that its possible to lower your monthly power charges by noticeable amounts

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:

LED bulbs here in the US use 20% the power of traditional bulbs... and don't burn out for 10x the time on average. They also put out as many lumens as the normal bulb (flashlights will actually put out more lumens). The power companies also subsidize the cost by 20-30%.

Anyways, my point is that its possible to lower your monthly power charges by noticeable amounts

I understand all that. I am just saying that saving a few dollars is not worth my mental health when worrying about those few dollars. I just plug in everything, forget about it and pay my bill when it comes. 

This well known when the 1tb was announced