By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Prediction : Microsoft will drop the xbox one price to $300 this holiday (permanent price cut).

I think MS will see how Halo 5 does first, and then add a price drop if necessary. However, I think MS realizes that Sony will probably do a price drop of some kind, and that this holiday won't be as easily handed to them as it was last year, so more aggressive bundling and even price drops for SKUs may be necessary. Of course, we'll see how sales will be in September going into October to see how it's going YoY up until then, because so far it's doing much better than last year.

Around the Network

i agree with OP im sure MS will lower they console coz they need to gain ground on PS4 rampage! (MS aint care losing money) IMO

quisuis said:
i agree with OP im sure MS will lower they console coz they need to gain ground on PS4 rampage! (MS aint care losing money) IMO

They are not going to gain ground, MS in my view have realised this by pushing Windows 10. A lot of their games now are appearing on PC, at the end of the day they make money on software, who cares on which platform.

quisuis said:
(MS aint care losing money)

Really ?

I think so but once again they'll advertise it as "temporary" just to try to fool more fools into buying. Then no one will care that they lied.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

I dont think this will happen.

350$ is not much for a console. While the Ps4 is annihilating the X1 saleswise, the system is selling decent enough to keep its current price tag.

However, this holidays Microsoft being Microsoft will be releasing some CRAZY ASS deals to try to compete with the Ps4, that i think it will be pricing the console sub 300$ if you count the rest of the stuff bundled.

Something like, Xbox One + Extra Controller + TR + Halo 5 + 50$ Live Points for 350$.

fatslob-:O said:
I wonder how much they'll be losing per unit by then ...

They'll be winning the hearts of their fans, which is all that counts.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It may happen but I'm not sure why they would do that...

Xbox One is selling very well and the end of the year will be really good for Microsoft with their line up + Christmas time.

I think they will do that also although it will mainly depend on if Sony drops the PS4's price.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Too big a loss imo. And didn't Phil say he wouldn't want to sell at a big loss, or something like that?
A $350 1TB with Halo 5 on black Friday Deal, why not.

I think as Normchacho said above, they will push their strong games lineup.

Randomly I saw a Project Cars TV ad yesterday, could be Sony funded but perhaps not as it showed the X1 copy aswell. Seems strange timing though, with Forza 6 out so soon.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One