By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What kind of Pokémon Game would you like on NX?

spemanig said:

The way you worded it implied all. Excluding random regions in a multi region Pokemon for no reason would piss off the people who actually liked the excluded regions. This isn't Gen 2. We know there are more regions than just Kanto and Johto now, so they wouldn't get away with just releasing a game with Hoenn, Unova, and random Gen 7 region.

Pokemon is about exploring a world inhabited by Pokemon. It contains competing in leagues, but it isn't about competing in leagues.

Pokemon is 100% about following a story and stopping a bad guy. If it wasn't, and it was only about "competing in leagues," no one would care about "multiple regions" because nothing about the regions themselves lend to that. The game would just be full of Battle Frontier-type islands and zones and the goal would be to beat all the areas. But it isn't. All the Pokemon league is is a giant type matchup tutorial for newcomers. That's it. Pokemon isn't about gyms and the Pokemon league. It's about the Pokemon and the world. And there's competitive battling, used to flesh the Pokemon out, just like a character's moveset in any JRPG fleshes them out.

Elder Scrolls online includes every continent of every past game with the same density of content that those games had? I highly doubt that.

The teams in Pokemon are nothing more then extended quests that hamper your way to compete in the league it's a nice little distraction when executed well but in a number of the games it's pretty meh overall. Pokemon being about the world and exploration like you claim is even more reason to have more then just one region that only goes to further reinforce why people ask for that so I still don't get your view here.

The league is the main goal, that is why the player sets out to begin with, everything else that happens along the way is all the better and more of that can happen when the player moves on to the other league anyway so no you haven't really presented anything really concrete on why it shouldn't happen other then you don't think it should.

Elder Scrolls Online is planned to eventually have all the past regions, something that you're arguing against, Elder Scrolls series also only takes place on one large continent Tamriel, each game is set in a region.

Around the Network

A game like stadium or xd

ps3-sales! said:
One that isn't for 7 year olds.

I understand Pokemon is generally accepted as a "kid friendly" series; but come on.

What about the kids (like myself) that fell in love with the originals (yellow/red/blue; which ironically are the most difficult of the entire series) that want more of a challenge?

The series never changes. Sure some gameplay modes are changed and visuals updated but the core mechanics are still built for little kids. And I'm an adult.

I deserve a manly Pokemon game. Or at least a difficulty option.

Actually yeah I'd settle for a simple option to raise the difficulty.

And no more pokemon dress up contests/shit with dolls. That shit is wack.

In an interview which took place after the release of ORAS for an Italian Forum which I'm subscribed to Ohmori and Masuda said that they were taking in consideration the possibility to put in every single game from the main series a difficulty selection right from the start instead of doing as in B2W2...