By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Until Dawn's frame rate is super cinematic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWOWDU3PgYU

Around the Network

I remember Jim Sterling in his review saying that the frame rate was 60 fps, and I remember being really confused because the game did not look 60 fps in the slightest.

I still think that the jerky animations are more off-putting than the frame rate.

I'm sure it will be fixed with patches though. This isn't really pushing the PS4 to its limit.

The story is very interesting to watch.

I was not sure how the controls were in this game. but I have to say I want to play this now. It seems like it would be a fun game with friends, and some drinks. I will get it when it lowers in price.

Looking to average 24 frames, the standard movie framerate.

Disappointing for it to not hold solid at 30fps. Game doesn't need to be anything more than that though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:

I remember Jim Sterling in his review saying that the frame rate was 60 fps, and I remember being really confused because the game did not look 60 fps in the slightest.

I still think that the jerky animations are more off-putting than the frame rate.

I'm sure it will be fixed with patches though. This isn't really pushing the PS4 to its limit.

Says all you need to know about "professional" critics lol.

Samus Aran said:

Says all you need to know about "professional" critics lol.

The framerate is unlocked and sometimes it does reach 60fps "lol". Performance is iffy in places but it will be patched and even it isnt this game doesnt need "double percision", "twice the frames", "16ms respone time" yada yada to be enjoyable.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

plip.plop said:
I was not sure how the controls were in this game. but I have to say I want to play this now. It seems like it would be a fun game with friends, and some drinks. I will get it when it lowers in price.

That's a good idea me and my friends had fun playing pt though the way we going to play I expect everyone in the game will die XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

SnakeDrake said:
plip.plop said:

That's a good idea me and my friends had fun playing pt though the way we going to play I expect everyone in the game will die XD

This reminds me of the "Choose your own adventure" books from back in the day. The fact that it has numerous endings is what I like. 

Frames pr sec dont matter in this type of game.