By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played Until Dawn and...

The Wolf Among Us plot was a disappointment.Both HR and B2S are much better games for several reasons and not just a season of episodes.I like TWaU,but it is not complete without more seasons like TWD.Until Dawn is worth $59.99 for the quality and how well the experience is.I don't understand this BS about the price.You pay for quality,not length or content,but this game has more to it than something like TWaU and TWD.Much better than the annual releases or 2D platformers.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
For me personally almost no game is worth paying new release price. I think last gen I bought the PS3 releases of Mass Effect 2 and 3 at launch, and Uncharted 3. Pretty sure for every other game I own from last gen I bought after the price had dropped by at least 25%. This gen I haven't yet bought a game at launch price. Probably Dragon Age Inquisition came closest as I bought the cheapest "game with extras" edition day one, but at a slightly discounted price (basically paid the same as the standard edition launch price). But for what I got in the extras package it was really not worth anything extra so to me it was not worth more than the standard price. The version I got should have just been a pre-order bonus not a higher priced edition. Still, the game is worth the purchase.

Until Dawn may be a delayed purchase. But there are too many current and future games on my A-list that Until Dawn is definitely on my B-list of possible future purchases. And I pretty much never get around to buying everything on my A-list. So really I'll only likely get this if it comes to PSN+.

exactly! 

TheGoldenBoy said:
I would get it, but I'm not giving $85 to play it Day One. I'll wait until some deals before I get it.

wow why so expensive?

DerNebel said:
The problem with both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls is called David Cage, he's not involved here so the game is actually entertaining, I'll definitely get it at some point, will see if I'll pay full price or not, probably a little less.

(Btw. the Cage point is somewhat of an exaggeration, but I really don't like Cage and really feel like he doesn't get games)

David Cage's problem is more that he can't write for shit, he seems too much of an artiste type and can't seem to accept the world for anything less than what he would like it to be and as such his voice comes off as weak and bathetic.  Of course that's simply my opinion.

onionberry said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
I would get it, but I'm not giving $85 to play it Day One. I'll wait until some deals before I get it.

wow why so expensive?

Canada.

cheshirescat said:
DerNebel said:
The problem with both Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls is called David Cage, he's not involved here so the game is actually entertaining, I'll definitely get it at some point, will see if I'll pay full price or not, probably a little less.

(Btw. the Cage point is somewhat of an exaggeration, but I really don't like Cage and really feel like he doesn't get games)

David Cage's problem is more that he can't write for shit, he seems too much of an artiste type and can't seem to accept the world for anything less than what he would like it to be and as such his voice comes off as weak and bathetic.  Of course that's simply my opinion.

wow why so expensive?

Canada.

wow that sucks, i like canada tho.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

wow why so expensive?

I'm from Canada and with our shitty dollar the costs $85 with taxes.

So, because of that, I have to be more careful with my Day One purchases.

TheGoldenBoy said:
onionberry said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

wow why so expensive?

I'm from Canada and with our shitty dollar the costs $85 with taxes.

So, because of that, I have to be more careful with my Day One purchases.

it's crazy, taxes are the devil

onionberry said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

wow why so expensive?

You think that's expensive? Try $110-$120 for a new release game. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
onionberry said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

wow why so expensive?

holy s... murica is not that bad after all :P

onionberry said:
binary solo said:
onionberry said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

wow why so expensive?

holy s... murica is not that bad after all :P

And while exchange rate makes the price comparable when converted to USD, the median income here is a fair bit lower than the USA, so the price represents a much bigger slice of the weekly pay packet. I buy most games from nzgameshop.com which is based in the UK and so you pay the UK price (less UK tax) in NZ dollars which ends up being a lot cheaper than the NZ retail price. So, MGSV on nzgameshop.com = $82, same game at a local retailer = $109. Aussie has the same thing, probably the same company. We can do that because we are the same "region" as the EU, so there's no issue with compatibility with EU discs games and DLC you get from PSN / XBL. 

Soon the govt is going to start collecting tax on these international purchases (which is fair enough because tax policy can't give an advantage to offshore purchases), which would put the game up to $94, but that's still $15 cheaper than buying from a local retailer.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix