By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Releasing big games in the summer, what a concept.

From my limited knowledge most summers have been  "barren wastelands" in terms of game releases. I cant tell you how many summers ive wasted replaying old final fantasies and zelda's due to NOTHING being released. Im glad that developers are taking a chance this summer by giving us something new to play. (Not that it matters really now that im out of highschool but still.) Have there been any other summers that have had this many potentially AAA titles?

Noteable games.

MGS4

Ninja gaiden 2

Too human

hAZE (could be good)

Mario cart wii? Not to sure about this one. 

*Note this applies to US release dates, dont know much about howyou guys across the pond school schedules and release dates work. 

Around the Network

pitty post... JK :) I don´t think its as much of a concept as it is delays... I also expect one or two games to be delayed till fall, x-mas... still its pretty cool to get some killer games during the summertime.

Oh and how are you not sure about Mario Kart ??? Are you not sure its comming this summer or if its any good... because if its the second one you fail... more than anything that has ever failed before... there is no such thing as a bad Mario Kart game, never has, never will be.... NEVER !!!

MK wii is coming out in April - that doesn't count as summer

mgs4 will be aaa title.

not so sure about others

ending my school year with metal gear, starting the next year with little big planet.

i dont care about the 2 months in between,
and as far as gaming goes, i only play in the winter.

Around the Network

I meant realease date about not being sure about, not quality...

dabaus513 said:
I meant realease date about not being sure about, not quality...

You better have meant that, or else...

Take it easy dude

Summer begins on June 21st. Are you using a school calendar definition for summer or the real definition of summer. Last time I looked into the matter Too Human was supposedly slated for a May release, and early may release at that. I agree the game has potential, but I would say it would qualify as a spring release.