By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GB advance, SP or DS lite ?

So, I thought it would be good to play some GBA games - mostly metroid fusion and Zero mission in fact - on their native support, but the d-pad is what make me worried. I have the choice between the first GBA, the GBA SP and DS lite, but I am afraid that the d-pad is poor since I never had one of these and metroid require quite a good d-pad. So, based on your opinion wich console should I buy ? 

Thanks in advance, you are always of great help. 

Around the Network

DS lite... It charges.... gba relies on batteries.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

The design of the original GBA is one of my favorite handheld designs, but no backlight really kills it. I say go with DS Lite

DS Lite. Charger, two screens, DS library as well, higher brightness if needed.

Buy the DS lite because it can play your GBA games as well as DS games if you so choose

But regardless, I wouldn't pick the original GBA because of no backlight

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

The original GBA is trash, get anything but that.

SP can play original Game Boy games so if you're interested in those just get that one, else get a DS.

I say DS Lite.

DS Lite.of course

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If you're going to get a GBA, get the late model SP, The early SP model's back light switched between off and dim. The late model ones switched between dim and bright. MUCH better. I'm not sure what the exact model numbers are, but you could look that up online easy enough.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

It pretty much depends on if you want to play GBC or DS games in addition. GBA is pretty trash imo, especially since it requires batteries and no backlight. GBA SP and DS Lite are both well designed and the D-Pads are pretty much the same. I would go with the DS Lite though.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz