By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Super Mario Maker Thread - Mario Maker for 3DS has been released?! Ok...

Are you excited for the new update

Yes 16 88.89%

No 2 11.11%

Total:18
trbrown78 said:

I really enjoyed your levels. Favorites were Companion Bill: Easy (it was perfect with all the extra power ups because it was so easy to get bumped into things, will probably never beat the original one), both Puzzled Mansions although I liked the first better (not a huge fan of similar room puzzles, don't hate them.. just not my favorite), and Free Clownie (just a good design with trapping the clownie with the P-Block. ) I also like your running action oriented levels.. even the swimming one - which says something. Overall, great variety with a puzzle emphasis. I almost rage quit Flight even though I liked it. lol.  It's funny how good we get at our own levels during design. I stunk hard core at flight, seriously 50+ tries easy.  Yet I can beat all of mine on the first try 99% of the time.  If you are feeling especially brave beat my 1st two levels I uploaded. :)  Bowsers Showdown in LavaTown gives people lots of trouble but I personally do think the ending is worth it.  Thanks for playing mine.  I think I ended up staring 15 of yours so far.  You will be at 150 before you know and the probably pass me up so after. :(  Which reminds me, I need to make more levels. :)

Thanks. I was creating a new level and your name kept coming up, played... starred... :)

I played your other levels too, great puzzles and the hard ones were short enough to keep trying. Well except the first two :)
A mii post already says it for the second one, I have no patience with the dogs lol. Never got past the beginning. I checked Bowser's showdown out in the editor and played a few parts there. It's a cool level, yet anything hard with random elements like bowser in it is not for me. You probably noticed that I kept 'defeating' Bowser as easy as possible in Companion Bill. No more action required than ducking :)

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
trbrown78 said:

I really enjoyed your levels. Favorites were Companion Bill: Easy (it was perfect with all the extra power ups because it was so easy to get bumped into things, will probably never beat the original one), both Puzzled Mansions although I liked the first better (not a huge fan of similar room puzzles, don't hate them.. just not my favorite), and Free Clownie (just a good design with trapping the clownie with the P-Block. ) I also like your running action oriented levels.. even the swimming one - which says something. Overall, great variety with a puzzle emphasis. I almost rage quit Flight even though I liked it. lol.  It's funny how good we get at our own levels during design. I stunk hard core at flight, seriously 50+ tries easy.  Yet I can beat all of mine on the first try 99% of the time.  If you are feeling especially brave beat my 1st two levels I uploaded. :)  Bowsers Showdown in LavaTown gives people lots of trouble but I personally do think the ending is worth it.  Thanks for playing mine.  I think I ended up staring 15 of yours so far.  You will be at 150 before you know and the probably pass me up so after. :(  Which reminds me, I need to make more levels. :)

Thanks. I was creating a new level and your name kept coming up, played... starred... :)

I played your other levels too, great puzzles and the hard ones were short enough to keep trying. Well except the first two :)
A mii post already says it for the second one, I have no patience with the dogs lol. Never got past the beginning. I checked Bowser's showdown out in the editor and played a few parts there. It's a cool level, yet anything hard with random elements like bowser in it is not for me. You probably noticed that I kept 'defeating' Bowser as easy as possible in Companion Bill. No more action required than ducking :)

New level, Blue Skull race: E560-0000-009A-8469

As the title suggest, it's all action this time. 30 seconds on the clock to beat the blue skull platform to the finish.
Bonus points if you finish first.

Beat your new course. Died several times at the end with Mario's fingernails on the axe. LOL. 40 seconds may have been a better choice if you want more people to finish..not sure. :)  By the way, you don't "fight" bowser at the end of "Showdown".  Carry at lit bomb through the door. :)

trbrown78 said:

Beat your new course. Died several times at the end with Mario's fingernails on the axe. LOL. 40 seconds may have been a better choice if you want more people to finish..not sure. :)  By the way, you don't "fight" bowser at the end of "Showdown".  Carry at lit bomb through the door. :)

Now play mine if you want! I'll check out your levels later! No need for codes, I'll just check who last played my level and find your levels that way.

I'm shameless at advertising I know. :p But I need that 4th medal!

I just got this game a few days ago. I'm still pretty new, and getting used to the tools, but I made a few levels already. I'm only really proud of one so far, so I'll post that.

Up or Down, Son?: 6830-0000-009C-4FA3

I'll try out some of levels people have posted in this thread later....and post a more advanced level when I finally get the tools for it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

trbrown78 said:

If the time runs out, chances are you didn't beat blue skull ;) Unless you stood around at the start, I can't control that.

It is possible by staying on the thwomp and let you get pushed up to save time. 2 seconds left, plenty of time :)

I tried making it so the blue skull platform closes a door if you don't beat it but couldn't get it to work. Moveable items don't activate if they're still off-screen so the platform won't pick them up, and letting it open a door that falls back down didn't feel right as you both end up 'waiting' right before the finish. Bombs don't explode fast enough, stuff falls slighty too fast, thwomps fall through the front of the platform. Anyway if you forget the p-switch you're definitely screwed.

I carried the bomb in the editor. I got annoyed with mini bowser spamming random fire way earlier in the level, so played the rest in edit mode.

Edit: I took it down for now, gonna try timing a p-switch to force that foto finish instead of the level timer.

Around the Network

It's back Blue skull race: AA84-0000-009D-204C

Streamlined, visual enhancements, no more need to press the p-switch, yet you either beat the blue skull platform or it's bye bye. No more second place. It's a tight race yet allows enough time if you take the correct path. @trbrown78 And it's 40 seconds now, not that it matters anymore :)

Flight gets quite a lot of traffic for a course that hasn't been up as long, while it's success rate is down to 0.96% Maybe it's the innocent look on the front page that draws people in lol.

Samus Aran said:

I took a look at the top makers and the third one rubberros or whatever the fuck this useless cunt's name is makes shitty levels yet people give him so many stars? WTF?

And people get offended when I say that 90% of the human race isn't worth a damn. Super Mario Maker is a mirror of society lol.

Sorry, needed to vent lol.

Blame Nintendo for the system. If you look at the ratios he doesn't get all that many stars, he was just lucky to be at the top of the list early (and pumps out lots of shitty levels), hence 64k visitors to a crap 'very simple' level. That 1 in 8 visitors still give a star for that is unfortunate.

Too bad you can't sort it on star percentage, that says a lot more.
And for hard levels the number of attempts or amount of time people are willing to spend on a level is a much better measurement of quality.
If I see a level with a huge nr of attemps it must be doing something right, regardless of success rate or stars :)

Just made my third Yoshi level! How could I possibly top the cruelty of my 2 earlier levels? Well, play for yourself to find that out!

09BA-0000-00A0-5F69

Congratz to nintendo

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Two new ideas can not forget about them. Two new ideas can not forget about them. Two new ideas can not forget about them.

... Just making a mental note. I see most of you got a new bunch of levels, can probably try them tomorrow again .