By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Attitude!

I think that you are right king, Sony have the most 1st party developers of all the big 3 and they need to learn to use these accordingly!

Get the games started 2-3years before the console is to be released to allow for ample time to make plenty of games and also finish them to a high quality :D

Around the Network

- The PS3 release was rushed (game were still NOT ready !) du to Xbox360 RUSH (that also caused the RRoD but allowed a 6M lead !!)
End of the story.

- The PS3 high price is an big error

EVEN IF
a part of the high price is du to the BR player : Sony has killed a part of the PS3 sales and allowed them self to relase a new HD Format that killed the HD DVD du to the PS3 !!!
They now have a "Xbox360 like" with an integrated BR player !!!

- The Cell technology is also strange considering we still haven't see any TRUE superior next-gen title compared to the "old" Xbox360 line-up. The 2 consoles effective power seems similar.

- Lack of memory !!

RAM costs nothing (at least to me) and give insane results. So why Sony has not put a bigger amount of RAM (+256mo at least !!)

Time to Work !

If Sony is wise, they'll take some pointers on how not to behave from how Nintendo behaved during the N64/PS1 era. And they have repeated an awful lot of Nintendo's mistakes from that era (overconfidence in the fanbase to sell the system over software, alienating third-party developers with difficult hardware, really arrogant PR statements, etc.), as well as adding a few of their own (most notably the price tag being twice that of an entry-level console's price upon launch).

As for the impact on this generation, at this point it would just be damage control. They've lost the edge in the console race for the next 3 or 4 years at the very least. Until new systems start coming out, they're basically stuck fighting for second banana at best.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

wow just.

The price was high due to BR, delay was due to BR guess what BR WON it all worked in the end.

Some of you really need to get a life, discussing the "emotions" of a freaking corporation is just sad.

Yeah, um, well. No, I don't think Sony'll change or anything.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Unfortunately for Sony, though their venture to get Blu-Ray to take out HD-DVD did work, it was at the cost of their console's potential status as market leader in the video game scene. Ultimately, however, I suspect this loss will not upset them that much; they stand to make far more profit off of Blu-Ray movies and players in the long run than they ever could on video games.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Mars said:
wow just.

The price was high due to BR, delay was due to BR guess what BR WON it all worked in the end.

Some of you really need to get a life, discussing the "emotions" of a freaking corporation is just sad.

It worked... for sony... (kinda, Blu-ray would of won anyway.)

But that's kinda like sayin You should be happy if your best friend and girlfriend cheated on you with each other and got married.

Sure Sony's happy with Blu-ray, but he's left you in the dumps for a while assuming you'd be there no matter what... and a lot of people just aren't anymore.

Not me.  I'll still get one, but hey, I can see why people would be pissed. 

Even if they haven't learned their lesson, I think the next gen will go more smoothly for everybody. Since there probably won't be any overpriced new technology like Cell or BD to throw in, I imagine no console next round will need to launch for more than $399. That alone will make the PS4's outlook completely different from what the PS3's was.

Unless the US economy continues to tank, of course...

@Bork

You make a good point, since there won't be a format war the next gen should be cheaper than this one (for Sony at least) so that should make things a bit better!

As i stated before Sony only really need to get the price right and get those games out for launch that are needed and keep a good stream of them in order to make the PS4 a success!

No, Sony's basically waiting for BluRay to become profitable, if it fails expect to see they really start kissing consumer ass again.