By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In its only two shows of the year, MS didn't make any significant new game announcements?

Think about it.

There were none at Gamescom. At E3 the only one that might qualify for that is Recore, and that still remains to be seen, who knows what it is and how it turns out. Right now it's a very dubious project. Remember Phantom Dust.

So, since E3 2014, the only new game announcement we can call significant is Forza 6. 

Around the Network

I got nothin'

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Welcome to the present game industry where you can show games years in advance so you don't have to show a new game every year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Yeah, this is the problem with showing games before having any gameplay at all. The dev cycles are just too big. Actually, we just saw gameplay for crackdown and scalebound today, even if the games were revealed 1 plus year ago.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Do we have any charts about which Microsoft studios haven't revealed a project yet?

343, Black Tusk, Turn 10, Rare, Lionhead, and Remedy are accounted for. Who else they got?

Around the Network

well they announced games way to early last year and the year before. they announced Forza 6, but thats a yearly franchise now. their tactic of announcing games way to early has finally caught up with them. and this year they had to show a lot of things that were announced, but had no info or gameplay about them before.

Halo 5 was announced E3 2013
Quantum break was announced at the Xbox reveal in may 2013
ScaleBound was announced at E3 2014 and releasing holiday 2016
Crackdown was announced at E3 2014. (releasing 2016?)

they made a gears of war announcement, btw.

Halo wars 2 not significant?

Gears 4 maybe?

Can't think of any others beside what you've already mentioned.

PS, PS2, Gameboy Advance, PS3, PSP, PS4, Xbox One

Ka-pi96 said:
E3: Sea of Thieves
Gamescom: Halo Wars 2

So that's 2 games.

Gears of War. and yeah, i forgot about sea of thieves. 

Sea and Wars aren't significant though.

Gears 4 was unveiled, not announced, at this E3. It had already been announced.

Nothing unusual, actually. Everything gets hyped, overhyped, postponed then forgotten, so that when we finally see some gameplay footage two years after the announcement we can all be awed at "new content".

That is why Fallout 4 announcement was so awesome. Nothing, nothing, nothing, reveal, comes in 5 months.
I want more of those, I don't want to see the same games on my "to buy" list for three years straight.