By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation Music/Spotify for PS Vita on the Way?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnetwork/entertainment/

PlayStation.com lists PS Music as a PS Vita app. Hopefully, this means Sony is finally getting close to bring streaming music back to the platform after ending Music Unlimited in March.

As an avid Vita user this would be huge for me. My 3G Vita is my phone, so it is with me 24 hours a day, and more than half of my media is consumed on the device. Tunein has done a nice job filling in in the mean time, but it is nothing like music on demand, and custom play lists.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

How do you use your Vita as your phone? Do you just use the Skype app?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
How do you use your Vita as your phone? Do you just use the Skype app?

Yeah, I use Skype, and people either message me via E-mail, PSN, Twitter, or Facebook. I have a dock at work, and a car charger, because it only get about 4 hours on a charge with Skype running all the time. Wish a 4G Vita would come out with AC wifi, a bigger battery, and more RAM for web browsing, and background apps. As is though, I will never go back to Android or iOS phones as long as my 3G Vita works, or I can find a replacement.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

But but the vita is dead 😆

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

asqarkabab said:
But but the vita is dead 😆

So may think so, but its far from that for me. I am playing Bioshock Infinite on it right now via PlayStation Now. I buy a brand new game nearly every week, and watch a lot of tv and movies via, PlayStation Video, Crackle, and Snagfilms. MLB.TV is a staple, I have watched or listened to every Angels game this year on my Vita over 3G. I use it for Remote Play almost nightly, and every now and then during lunch at work. On the way back and forth from work, and during breaks, it was playing Music Unlimited, but Tunein has been filling in since that was abandoned. 

Honestly, for gamers I don't get the appeal of smartphones. I tried messing with them a couple of times, even buying a Xperia Z3 last November, but it was such a step down from Vita. I think if they offered a 4G Vita, and built in voice, video, and texting to land and mobiles through PSN, they could massivly turn the thing around. Vita could be selling as well as, or better than the PS4 if they just made a few slight tweaks to the hardware, and offered all of the PSN services at the same level as they are presented on PS4.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL