By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

misterd said:
If you look at Nintendo's May --> December lineup, it's pretty weak. It makes no sense at all for them to then release two of their 3 biggest franchises in March and April. They HAVE to have something huge coming, or they would have held off Mario Kart for another couple of months.

may has the biggest game of the console: wii fit

june->december is weak now because they don't announce more than 1/2 a year at a time

we do know the following are coming: fatal frame, animal crossing, distaster:day of crisis, kirby, wii music, wii motor sports, up to 10 balance board games, wiiware games + 1-2 unknowns (icarus? pilotwings? dk?)

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network

New earthbound for ds or wii.

maby its a zelda RTS game lol

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

"The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

so it's a game with a huge fanbase and it's casual-friendly:

- Animal Crossing!
- Pokemon (could feature downloadable content like new pokemon)
- Star Fox >>>>>>> Kid Icarus
- F-Zero: I think it's unlikely Nintendo will release 2 racing games in the same year
- Zelda will be announced, but not for this year. Zelda has never been released in the year it was announced so it's not Zelda

I hope it is a TRUE pokemon game none of that colussium/gale of darkness garbage. I want a pokemon MMO. Now.

Around the Network
Fastrabbit09 said:
misterd said:
If you look at Nintendo's May --> December lineup, it's pretty weak. It makes no sense at all for them to then release two of their 3 biggest franchises in March and April. They HAVE to have something huge coming, or they would have held off Mario Kart for another couple of months.

may has the biggest game of the console: wii fit

june->december is weak now because they don't announce more than 1/2 a year at a time

we do know the following are coming: fatal frame, animal crossing, distaster:day of crisis, kirby, wii music, wii motor sports, up to 10 balance board games, wiiware games + 1-2 unknowns (icarus? pilotwings? dk?)

Fair enough. I tend to forget WiiFit as I tend to think of it more as an accessory than a game. However, with that adjustment, I think my point still stands - Nintendo would not release 3 of their biggest titles in a 3 month window if they didn't feel they had one hell of a second act.

Animal Crossing Wii will be huge regardless if it's their big announcement or not.

Joeron said:
"The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

so it's a game with a huge fanbase and it's casual-friendly:
no, those were two different statements
the first one (u didn't quote) was that there is a game that gamers will be happy about
the second one (u quoted) is about e3 announcements...so there will be games that excite gamers and non-gamers
animal crossing and wii music for expanded audience...maybe another surprise
and something big for gamers and maybe a few others that gamers like

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

So, basically, whatever it is, can we all agree, we're gonna buy it as soon as its released, as long as Nintendo developed it, and it's not a blatant training mini-game collection(will still buy it probably).

Reggie just basically says:

Your gonna buy a game in Q4 from us. Find out what it is at E3.

LMAO priceless, but so true. I freakin' love being a fan of a developer that is so freakin consistant in quality from all its studios.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

starfox would make a ton of sense to release this year. typically it is released within launch so it is over due.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453