By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

thekitchensink said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
It's just going to be another "Wii _____" mini-game.

I don't think Nintendo would actually focus on a real AAA.

Heh, man, that's not a very credible statement. I'll bet a three month ban it's not just a "Wii-____" minigame collection.

It might not be a "Wii____" game, but it will, without a doubt, be a mini-game. Open your eye's, Zen. Nintendo is no longer the company that thrived on quality gameplay and innovation. Nintendo isn't interested in taking gaming to the next level anymore; that's now Sony's job, as they've pretty much passed down that responsibility. Nintendo is never, ever going to put their primary focus on AAA titles. Instead, their going to do what makes them money--focus on their cash-in mini-games--and you can't really get mad at them for it because they're a business.

Nintendo is just like EA. Why would you expect something out of them?

Mario Galaxy, the highest-rated game of the last two generations, and the second-highest-rated ever, says hi.

pwnt

And don't forget Brawl, a highly innovated fighting game series that improves dramatically after each game.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
It's just going to be another "Wii _____" mini-game.

I don't think Nintendo would actually focus on a real AAA.

Heh, man, that's not a very credible statement. I'll bet a three month ban it's not just a "Wii-____" minigame collection.

It might not be a "Wii____" game, but it will, without a doubt, be a mini-game. Open your eye's, Zen. Nintendo is no longer the company that thrived on quality gameplay and innovation. Nintendo isn't interested in taking gaming to the next level anymore; that's now Sony's job, as they've pretty much passed down that responsibility. Nintendo is never, ever going to put their primary focus on AAA titles. Instead, their going to do what makes them money--focus on their cash-in mini-games--and you can't really get mad at them for it because they're a business.

You're so right, this gen Nintendo is only focused on casuals.

Lets take a look at the mini game collections developed by Nintendo - Mario Party 8, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Warioware, BBA...

Lets take a look at the 'Hardcore' titles developed by Nintendo  - Metroid Prime 3, Zelda TP, SSBB, SMG, SPM, Mario Strikers Charged, Fire Emblem RD,  Battalion Wars 2

Their casual orientation is destroying them clearly, you see they can no longer take games to the next level - this is shown by their mere three games developed by them above 90% on GR. This is now Sony's job and they do it well, getting a massive 0 games past this mark.

I hate to say it, but you sir are a troll. 

Riot Of The Blood said:

You'd have a legitimate complaint if any of that was true, but... I don't know where to start since nothing you say has anything to do with reality.

You do realise that Nintendo has released more top quality "hardcore" games during the last year than any other single publisher? Innovation is debatable, but I'd call the wiimote more innovative than increasing the amount of pixels on the screen, or trying to copy Xbox Live. It's true that they have barely anything announced after Mario Kart arrives, but this whole thread has been about how Reggie said they've got a few big titles on the way, and are just about to announce them. You could assume that they're lying and every game Nintendo are ever going to release after now will be a minigame collection, but I'd find that just slightly unreasonable.

... did I just bother typing something that long for such an obvious troll? I feel RolRolled, but without the Austrian awesomeness. ;___;

While their new schtick is to wait until just a couple months before a game si released to announce it we know most of what is coming.

The financials from last quarter mentioned Kirby, Wii Music, and Animal Crossing. Disaster has been hinted at for a while so I think those 4 are it. Pikman and Kid Ikarus are possible because niether of those is some sort of Megaton and they could slide either into a fall slot.

I am guessing that in typical Nintendo style(or any developer for that matter) one of those games will slide to 2009. My money would be on Animal Crossing. It will be the most ambitious. We know they have been working on it since before launch and will probably have some exclusive features not seen in Wii games before. IT may be the first major pay to play, or it may be bundled with the harddrive.

Anyone wishing for more Zelda or Metroid will probably have to wait at least another year or two.

But if I were to really go out on a limb I say Wave Race compatible with the balance board.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Riot Of The Blood said:

It might not be a "Wii____" game, but it will, without a doubt, be a mini-game. Open your eye's, Zen. Nintendo is no longer the company that thrived on quality gameplay and innovation.  Nintendo isn't interested in taking gaming to the next level anymore; that's now Sony's job, as they've pretty much passed down that responsibility. Nintendo is never, ever going to put their primary focus on AAA titles. Instead, their going to do what makes them money--focus on their cash-in mini-games--and you can't really get mad at them for it because they're a business. 

troll post?

nintendo has taken gaming to the next level: wiimote, balance board

they are ALL ABOUT gameplay and innovation

sony is just about graphics

sorry they aren't taking gaming in the direction that YOU PERSONALLY would like, but Sony isn't innovating with higher-capacity disc drives and hd graphics...360 innovated online somewhat with live and achievements while nintendo innovated gameplay

why are u so at odds with smiling?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
Fastrabbit09 said:
we've been saying the only reason wii's lineup looks 'weak' compared to ps3 is that nintendo doesn't announce anything post-july until e3...

PS3 line up sucks. all they have is a bunch of shooter

I think Grandmaster needs to take Daphne Rosen's fake bosom out of his face as it is blinding him to the reality of the video game market.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Sri Lumpa said:
I think Grandmaster needs to take Daphne Rosen's fake bosom out of his face as it is blinding him to the reality of the video game market.

i wouldn't mind if her boobs were in my face

Animal Crossing is a guarantee to be there.

A Nintendo themed FPS would crush everything. Think of a cross between Brawl and Halo.

I signed up to reply to this thread so, here goes:

My guess for the "big unknown title" is a free-roaming Pokemon. I think that any online functionality will be relegated to Arena style matches with the pokemon you found and trained in the single-player portion. Trading etc will also be possible but I doubt that we will get a MMO. I imagine a game as a crossover between Twilight princess, Oblivion and traditional pokemon games off course.

It also fits the description best. All casual gamers know of pokemon (even more so then star fox, Donke Kong etc - titles I'd also love to see) and line up to play it. And us, the definite hardcore crowd would immidiatly buy it. I know I would. And I tink that you guys would love to see a fully rendered 3d world where you can freely pick and choose where to go - apart from off course the regular stuff where you have to solve a puzzle to continue on a path...

My bets for an announcement on E3 '08 would thus be:

Animal crossing ('08), Zelda on holiday 09, Star Fox somewhere in end Q1/Q2 09, and pokemon RPG as the big secret reveal of holiday 08.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->