By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

Bodhesatva said:

If you guys have any more questions, please ask!

Do you guys continue to receive shipments of PS3's when you don't sell any at the store? Please report shipments of consoles and new games if possible. Thanks!

Around the Network

Bodhestava: -From your perspective, what are the most 'type of people' that buy each console? (DS & Wii - monstly kids & parants (any girl customers)? PSP, 360 - more teenage ~ mid 20's males?)

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Some more sales information ,about the UK this time http://kotaku.com/gaming/sales/ps3-meets-sales-expectation-in-uk-265229.php It seems PS3 isnt selling as bad as vgchartz sources believes ....at last in Uk .In Bodhestava shop we KNOW no one buys a PS3 ,a PS3 game ,ask for the PS3 or even looks at it ....

Diomedes, stop trolling ioi. This wasn't even the right thread for that info, and it wasn't relevant. No numbers, just "it's exceeding expectations." What if HMV's expectations were set low? What if their numbers include launch, which weights PS#3 heavily against 360 and Wii? VG Chartz is about *straight numbers,* not how well one chain is satisfied with sales.

Yeah ,whatever ....so PS3 sales are exceeding expetations and X360 is "holding its own " but X360 sales are 3 times the PS3 ones ? I highly doubt it .As I highly doubt the PS3 sales in germany are less that the X360 ones after I saw the official ones for April etc . Theres not a single piece of PS3 software in the Top 20 in Uk ?Then Oblivion and VT3 must be DS games then ... But ,you are right .This has to stop .I dont gain anything complaining about sales .Not a single more console is being sold because I say so ,not a single console less is selling because you or your "sources " say so.About 99,5% percent of the potential console buyers simply dont surf internet looking for information and even less know this site .And the ones that know it already have their mind made up about what console/s they like and wich they dont like .I just think that sometime in september or october there will be data from Europe and you will have to make a massive adjustement .But ,time will tell about that .If assuming the PS3 sales you post are the "real " ones and that the discrepancies when there are official numbers must be shipped consoles then we wont ever have good data available . As being proved wrong again and agains I dont think you have proved me wrong many times .Your April data was more or less accurate and I didnt expect a PS3 flip like the one that happened .Thats all .On the other hand I have already pointed to some inconsistencies in the data here and there that are overlooked nearly always .Things as the Japan data being different to Media Create in a strange way (I mean ,all the console numbers inflated due to some "other " asian sales but the PS3 numbers below MC numbers ) or the NA numbers for two weeks ago that didnt add up to the frontpage in the PS3 alone remain (and will remain ) unanswered .In any case you are the administrator and you dont have to answer me if you dont want to ,but it is always strange how you always overlook information by me and other europeans gamers when we tell you Wii is far from sold out here (in fact it is easy to find one ,each store as at least 3-4 in stock even the tiniest ones ) and continue the official "wii shipped is equal to sold as it is sold out everywhere " .No it isnt my friend ,if you keep saying things like that you arent "proving me wrong " but proving yourself wrong as anyone living in my country could tell you .

Around the Network

I live in your country and I couldn't tell him. It might not be sold out every day, but at the moment it is sold out before the next shipment arrives in most retailers. And anyways, the shipments for Spain are ridiculous, since we just bought barely 300,000 GameCubes during its total lifespan. Even if a few Wiis were resting over shop shelves here, that wouldn't make for a great difference worldwide.

you're really funny diomedes, but i think we had enough laughter now. it's time to stop it, ok?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Deleted by moderator

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Who cares if he trolls and claims the site is biased. Let him be a troll and let him be a hater. Does it affect your the sites work? The numbers? Anything? If you get tired of reading his posts, just don't read them. :P Seems pretty simple to me. :P Forums need drama anyways, let him be the Queen.

@CrazzyMan, Diomedes or whatever name

please don't derail this thread, if you have any info or something to discuss do that in another thread. This is simple a thread where we gets report from one source. 

EDIT: Just to destoy what I said above, I just wanted to say to Crazzyman that the problem with that chart is that PS2 didn't launch WW. PS3 is behind PS2 in each region.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS®1=America&cons2=PS2®2=America&cons3=PS3®3=America&align=1

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS®1=Japan&cons2=PS2®2=Japan&cons3=PS3®3=Japan&align=1 

Is it possible for any mod to lift this out to a separete thread? 

@Bodhesatva

I don't know how long you have been working at Toy R Us, but is it possible to make a rough estimation how many Gamecube Toy R Us used to sell? (more a comparsion with xbox360, wii and PS3 no real number is needed.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!