By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am a Toys R Us Employee

What they need to do it set up a cage where people can fight for Wii's. That would be awesome!

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
What they need to do it set up a cage where people can fight for Wii's. That would be awesome!

"Climbing for Wiis!"

(aka from The Running Man :>) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Bodhesatva said:
NJ5 said:

Sorry to swamp you with questions but: Are you going to get more Wiis for Black Friday than you got for last Sunday?

Good question!

We will have 0 Wiis for Black Friday. We have many in a secret magical closet in the back of the store that were originally set aside for Black Friday, but the company as a whole has specifically decided not to sell Wiis on Black Friday to avoid violence.

Those Wiis will go on sale next Sunday. Currently, that shipment is smaller than the one for Sunday, but its quite possible we'll get more before then.

Don't tell that to anyone at the store on Friday, or we'll miss you here in the forum ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I went to my local ToysRus today around 1 and it was fairly crowded. I went in cause i figured its the last day of the buy 2 wii games get 1 free and i'd pick up 3 games that i didn't care about. They had 0 games left above 30. In fact, i only saw 3 games left total, trauma center (i believe this was $29), escape from bug island, and chicken shoot.

There was 1 employee helping out 2 parents looking for guitar hero for xbox360 and a bunch of people (roughly 7-12) looking at the hardware/other electronics, but other than that no one was looking at games.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Would you agree that despite the worries over sub prime and stuff, shopping for games at your store remains pretty busy as usual? Any noticeable downturns as such?

Around the Network

A LOT is not available on TRU.com anymore either. Looks like that sale COMPLETELY wiped TRU of its wii hardware and software stock. hehe Luckily I got Fire Emblem, RE:UC, and Trauma Center: NB before the rush =]

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Bodhesatva said:
NJ5 said:

Sorry to swamp you with questions but: Are you going to get more Wiis for Black Friday than you got for last Sunday?

Good question!

We will have 0 Wiis for Black Friday. We have many in a secret magical closet in the back of the store that were originally set aside for Black Friday, but the company as a whole has specifically decided not to sell Wiis on Black Friday to avoid violence.

Those Wiis will go on sale next Sunday. Currently, that shipment is smaller than the one for Sunday, but its quite possible we'll get more before then.

i hope you are joking (or not working on friday) because, sure, there would have been some ruffling between customers trying to get one of your 100ish wiis, but just imagine the 200 angry customers, getting up very early in the morning to be here at opening, learning from a poor employee that you have no wiis: he's going to have a very rough day... talk about violence...

People shouldnt expect EVERYTHING to be on sale and in stock on Black Friday. The Wii has been hard to find and almost always sells new shipments on Sunday. Why would black friday change that? Its a discount day and the wii isnt anywhere close to being discounted.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Bod, now that the Buy 2 get 1 free thing is over, do you think you can estimate the total amount of Wii software your store sold in those 4 days and also provide a number for the average amount of weekly sales of Wii software to put it into perspective?

So Bod, I followed your recommendation and bought 6 crap games so I can return them when the ones I actually want come in.

Any idea on when game supplies will be replenished? Should I wait 2-3 weeks?