By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo XDS ?

So, I just found this video and, at least to me, it looks pretty legit, plus almost all the rumors we heard since the end of E3 would be true even if the video came out 3 weeks ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChBid9pHsE

I didn't see any confirmation of it beeing fake so if you found one it would be appreciated, meanwhile, what do you think of this concept ? Do you like it ?Do you think Nintendo would manage to make such a console in 2016 ?

Around the Network

It's fake.

The Upper Screen turning at 0:47 isn't possible IMHO. So I think it's a fake.

Is kim kardashian arse real or fake? Here lies your answer.

Nice fake, clapping and everything.

Around the Network

Whenever a Nintendo rumor makes too much sense I'm disregarding it immediately.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

When I first watched it, I was confused to see if it was fake or not.

Then I watched it the second time, then I knew it was fake.

A pretty convincing fake, but a fake nonetheless.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Most likely fake, but quite interesting concept - rotation of the screen is actually quite possible, and it's been done in laptops for ages.

There are a few red flags.
Red flag one:
HD screen (720x1200). That's a massive increase over the 3DS' 240x800 resolution.
240x800=192000 while 720x1200=864000, so 4 times the resolution. That would take a huge chunk more power to get a good graphics jump too.

Red flag two: "play all your Wii U games on the go"

Either this machine would need the power to emulate Wii U games, or it'll natively support them (aka have Wii U hardware).

Now it deffinitely won't have enough power to emulate it, and I really doubt it's gonna have Wii U hardware....

Also 3D HD filming, a camera like that would add quite a bit to the price, and in the end this console would become really f'in expensive if this isn't fake. Not to mention they present this as if it was their E3 (Video says XDS E3 2015...)

Then there's stuff like twisting the screen, all these things scream fake.