By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Its Time. Sony will put GEN 7 out of its misery this fall.

Its time for Sony to kill off GEN 7.

1. PS3s dont generate the profit margin that the PS4 does because of the free online.

2. PS4 is doing quite well, Sony should target their faithful, but slow adopters before the competition does something too.

Here is what they need to do. 349.99 COD BO III bundle. Bam. Not with some free digital download either, the physical game. My theory is slow adopters would be less enticed by a digital game because if they were into digital they would be more likely to have already upgraded.

Now I also think that they should do a Star Wars bundle too, but to me that would target a different segmant of gamers, and people who are casual gamers but love Star Wars and will buy a PS4 because they are caught up in the hype for The Force Awakens.

Will the PS3 still sell after this fall? Yes of course. But it will be on its death bed with many buying replacement consoles, or parents buying their kid their 1st console and aren't willing to pay over 300 bucks yet (Which is exactly what happened to me in 1992 when my parents finally got me a NES).

Edit- Please note I mentioned nothing about them discontinueing, or stopping support for the PS3. It seems most of the people who read this got that impression. I am just saying they should give consumers a strong incentive to upgrade, and I gave a method I think would work well.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Yeah, Sony and Microsoft both need to focus more on their next gen consoles and leave their last gen consoles behind. I think this is the Xbox 360's last holiday, maybe the PS3 too.

AllThosePixels said:
Yeah, Sony and Microsoft both need to focus more on their next gen consoles and leave their last gen consoles behind. I think this is the Xbox 360's last holiday, maybe the PS3 too.

With BC coming for XB1 the 360 is going to be dead as a doornob.

psn- tokila

Sony totally abandoning Gen7 with a PSTV bundle.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

They wont, every PS3 sold is another user in the PS family using PS services and is likely a future PS4 owner.

They should drop PS3s price, keep selling them.

Around the Network
GTstation said:
They wont, every PS3 sold is another user in the PS family using PS services and is likely a future PS4 owner.

Every PS4 sold increases their leverage over publishers.

They are already reaping the benefits of a 50% marketshare shown by most Marketing deals going their way. The next step (60% Marketshare) they will start seeing more exclusives.

psn- tokila

tokilamockingbrd said:
GTstation said:

Every PS4 sold increases their leverage over publishers.

They are already reaping the benefits of a 50% marketshare shown by most Marketing deals going their way. The next step (60% Marketshare) they will start seeing more exclusives.

PS4 is gonna PS4 regardless if they were to drop PS3 price to 99.99 with 5 free games.  

tokilamockingbrd said:
AllThosePixels said:

I think more will be get rid of their 360 than getting a new one because of BC, frankly.

I think this is the year that a lot of one-the-fencers finally migrate. The gen is finally picking up steam.

AllThosePixels said:
tokilamockingbrd said:

I think more will be get rid of their 360 than getting a new one because of BC, frankly.

meaning used consoles will be dirt cheap. New sales should almost completely evaporate.

psn- tokila