By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If your PS2 breaks, will you buy another one?

As most everyone knows, PS2 sales are going down.  But, except for Japan, somewhat slowly.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS2&reg3=Japan&start=38725&end=39516

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=America&cons3=PS2&reg3=Total+Other&start=38816&end=39516

Tho, with a few less sales, it might drop below 100k even as soon as this week.  But still it's holding up pretty well.  And one reason could be replacement sales of when the previously own PS2 breaks, and a new one (or used) is bought to keep the PS2 game library playable.

So, the thread question is, if your current PS2 breaks, do you think you will:

1. Buy a new PS2

2. Buy a used PS2

3. Buy (or have) a PS3 with B/C.

4. Try and have it repaired (tho I can hardly believe this would be worth the effort) 

5. Just do without. 

All but the first option won't help PS2 sales. 

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network

No, I already have a second one, so none of those options apply to me. If they both broke, that'd be ridiculous. I'd be too worried about putting my life back together to think about video games anytime soon, since it'd almost certainly take a natural disaster to take them both out. The second one isn't plugged in, so it's not even like a massive surge could take it out. And it's put away, too, so a random thief wouldn't liekly find it unless they somehow had all day long to clear the entire apartment out.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I would be another PS2 seeing as their cheap down here in Australia and the fact that the only PS3 available to buy here is the no B/C 40GB PS3.

However, as if there was a B/C compatable PS3 then I'd pick that up, although I still think I'd pick up a PS2 either way. XD

60gb ps3 ftw!

I feel sorry for all you unlucky bastards without full hardware BC. :P

60GB PS3 FTW
It was my choice since launch.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network

It broke and I didn't buy another PS2. I'd love a BC PS3 but Australia doesn't have them so I'm going without..........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I bought a 60gb PS3 with backword compatibility. However if and when my PS2 does break I probably buy a slim just because of its small size due to the fact that I travel alot and constantly carrying around a PS3 is a pain in the neck.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

3. I just have a 60gb

If it breaks for the fourth time, ill roll my eyes and wonder what the fuss about RROD is about... $1000 on hardware is not money well spent in my book. Especially since I wouldn't have a working PS after all of it.

Tease.

Yes, I need me my Knight Rider Games.

I'll get 2 as reserve, just in case the PS2 gets out of production, but I don't think that will happen any time soon. I still play PS2 and PS games, so YES!!!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo