By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, you don't like MP: Federation Force? Blame Zelda fans

We Zelda fans are

terrible, stop buying everything 16 23.19%

bad people, we should ask for real games 8 11.59%

weak spirits, we get exci... 23 33.33%

deku scrubs, deku scrubs 22 31.88%

Total:69
mine said:
Edwardooo said:

Actually, the Wii U is the best Zelda Machine, you can play on it Zelda 1, 2, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and soon you will be able to play Zelda U, and probably Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

HOW can you play MM on a Wii U without falling back to the Wii VC title which isn't on sale anymore?

I also would like to say that it is a BIG DIFFERENCE in playing titles like Ocarine of Time on a TV or on the 3DS in 3D .

For me these titles are perfect on a 3DS as you as the gamer have a little "treasure box" to look into. The ability to pause EVERY game at any time by closing the 3DSs lid is also a big plus for Zelda titles. 

And last but not least: is there ANY BETTER WAY to play a Zelda then with a TRIFORCE or MAJORAS MASK FACEPLATE (oh yeah - I'm european )... . 

But anyway: best thing is to have BOTH - 3DS AND Wii U

Nintendo just released OOT on Wii U VC, so I think we will have MM too maybe at end of year or next year.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I can only cry. Why? Why to do something like that to the Metroid franchise? I hope a new one is ready at 2017 for NX.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

mine said:
Jon-Erich said:

That being said, I really don't see a link between the Zelda spinoffs and this new Metroid spinoff. I'm sure the project exists because Next Level wanted to do something with the Metroid franchise but Nintendo didn't want to hand them the main franchise until they could prove their worth with a spinoff.

That could be a reason. Or Federation Force has the same fate as Hunters which was planned as a fully fledged single player prime for the DS and scaled back to a multi player game... maybe in 10 years or so we will know...

Of course I still hope for Retro developing a Prime U - using the WiiMote/Nunchuck of course...

I don't see that happening on Wii U. Retro has been working on a Wii U game since they finished DKC: Tropical Freeze and it's more or less been confirmed that it is not a Metroid game. By the time their mystery game is done, their next project will most likely be on NX. Although, depending on what exactly NX is, I supposed a future Metroid Prime game with the usage of the Wiimote and Nunchuk is possible.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Honestly Metroid fans need to stop whining about Federation Force.

Its a freaking spin off, its not even the first spin off the series (so no one remembers Metriod Prime Pinball) has had. While graphically, it does look a little bland in what they have shown, we haven't seen the entire game. If the game was scheduled for next month, I would be concerned but there is plenty of time for it to be improved and from all indications, there is enough to the title that it might be worthwhile for its co-op play.

But all these, its not the Metroid like it was before or the Prime game I want or where's Samus complaints have gotten to be embarrassing for me as a member of the Metroid fanbase. Did Zelda fans complained when Four Swords/Four Swords Adventure came out? Yes, but not to this degree and now they are getting another co-op game, these type of spin offs while not great for all fans of the main series, they do help sustain it and make Nintendo money which means the franchise can still go on.

Let's stop blaming a low budget spin off for Nintendo's handling of the core franchise. We sort of know who inherited the franchise and why its in the state that it is.