By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Wii U's Top Games Outsell GameCube's?

Will It?

Definitely 2 9.52%

Definitely Not 2 9.52%

Probably 7 33.33%

Probably not 1 4.76%

Very close, in Wii U's favor 4 19.05%

Very close, in GameCube's favor 3 14.29%

Impossible to know as of now 1 4.76%

N64 will outsell PS2 1 4.76%

Total:21
MoHasanie said:
hmm, that's an interesting question. The Wii U's top 8 need about 8m more to pass the GC's top 8. And I don't expect Zelda U to sell more than 3m, or MK8 to pass 7m, or Splatoon to reach 3m, so given that, I don't think the Wii U's games will outsell the GC's.

What are your sales predictions for the 8 Wii U games I mentioned in the OP?

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

Around the Network
pokoko said:
What was the game most bundled with the GC? Did it have a "Nintendoland" that probably would not have done nearly as well on its own?

Doesn't matter, had sex they're still technically sales

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!

OfficerRaichu15 said:
MoHasanie said:
hmm, that's an interesting question. The Wii U's top 8 need about 8m more to pass the GC's top 8. And I don't expect Zelda U to sell more than 3m, or MK8 to pass 7m, or Splatoon to reach 3m, so given that, I don't think the Wii U's games will outsell the GC's.

I think it can,

the others I agree with though.

It could. If it did, it would probably have one of the highest attach rates for a console game(excluding bundled games). 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Esiar said:
MoHasanie said:

What are your sales predictions for the 8 Wii U games I mentioned in the OP?

I'm too tired to make that many predictions

MoHasanie said:

All of those will probably happen lol.  The most ridiculous of your predictions Mario Kart 8 was already announced on may 7th to be at 5.11 million in just 1 year.  You really think it can't sell 1.89 the rest of it's lifetime???  It will do that this year easily.  Splatoon is probably already halfway to 3 million, i guess it's still possible it won't but i highly doubt it's not gonna sell 3 million.  Zelda U will probably sell 3 million if it's exclusive to Wii U.  Look at wind waker at 4.6 million, Zelda U can do 3 million that, it doesn't have much competition if it's exclusive. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
MoHasanie said:

All of those will probably happen lol.  The most ridiculous of your predictions Mario Kart 8 was already announced on may 7th to be at 5.11 million in just 1 year.  You really think it can't sell 1.89 the rest of it's lifetime???  It will do that this year easily.  Splatoon is probably already halfway to 3 million, i guess it's still possible it won't but i highly doubt it's not gonna sell 3 million.  Zelda U will probably sell 3 million if it's exclusive to Wii U.  Look at wind waker at 4.6 million, Zelda U can do 3 million that, it doesn't have much competition if it's exclusive. 

Well I guess MK8 could pass 7m. It mainly depends on the future sales of the Wii U. 

As for Splatoon and Zelda U, I'm quite confident with my predictions. 

Esiar said:
pokoko said:
What was the game most bundled with the GC? Did it have a "Nintendoland" that probably would not have done nearly as well on its own?

Doesn't matter, had sex they're still technically sales

I know they're sales and everything matters.

Hmm idk it's possible.

I think so. Zelda U should carry a lot of weight, as will Splatoon. Plus other games that can be revealed at a later time.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

The Wii U top 8 will surpass the GameCube top 8.

Mario Kart 8 (7M+)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (5M+)
New Super Mario Bros. U (5M+)
Super Mario 3D World (5M+)
Nintendo Land (5M+)
The Legend of Zelda (3M+)
Splatoon (3M+)

The last spot can be taken by...

Star Fox Zero (2M+)
New Super Luigi U (2M+)
Super Mario Maker (2M+)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (2M+)

This totals at least 35M.