By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Nintendo do with the gamepad?

What will Nintendo do?

Drop All support for it. 37 50.68%

Keep support and sell it as an accessory 36 49.32%

Total:73
spemanig said:

I hold my stance that the gamepad isn't going anywhere. Is it changing? Absolutely. Are they dropping it? Absolutely not.

If that bothers you, you're in for a rude awakening.

Gamepad killed the Wii U.... Dont let it kill the NX... please Nintendo! Just a little bit of reasoning... is all I ask for.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Gamepad killed the Wii U.... Dont let it kill the NX... please Nintendo! Just a little bit of reasoning... is all I ask for.

Yeah, they should totally listen to "fans" like you who bash the company at just about anything and don't care about anything they do, and can't even spell console. People like you killed megaman, but Ninty won't let this happen or it would've way before.

I voted "manditory controller" for their next generation console.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

slab_of_bacon said:
I voted "manditory controller" for their next generation console.

lol, this should really be an option but I can't seem to edit the poll

It's an essential feature, without it Apple will "steal" other gamers from Ninty!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

They should throw it out, its a really bad gimmick.  You have to take your eyes off the action to look at the gamepad so in games like Splatoon its waaay better to just have a minimap on the screen so you can see the map and the action at the same time, but Nintendo desperately wanted some kind of function for the gamepad so now you can't see what's going on if you want to see the map.

Gourmet said:
JRPGfan said:

Yeah, they should totally listen to "fans" like you who bash the company at just about anything and don't care about anything they do, and can't even spell console. People like you killed megaman, but Ninty won't let this happen or it would've way before.

Thats kinda mean... but yeah.. the last Megaman game I had was for the Snes (I liked them on the nes too)...

sorry for killing megaman.

JRPGfan said:

The Wii U would have died without the gamepad all the same. A redesigned gamepad wouldn't kill anything. The gamepad was bad because it was ugly, big, and intrusive to a comfortable playing experience, all things a redesign would fix. The second screen had nothing to do with it.

spemanig said:
JRPGfan said:

The Wii U would have died without the gamepad all the same. A redesigned gamepad wouldn't kill anything. The gamepad was bad because it was ugly, big, and intrusive to a comfortable playing experience, all things a redesign would fix. The second screen had nothing to do with it.

What about the price though? that thing was not cheap to make....  If they can improve the gamepad, and/or make it cheaper... sure Id give it another go.

Id honestly prefer if they just used a normal controller or the nunchucks again.

JRPGfan said:

What about the price though? that thing was not cheap to make....  If they can improve the gamepad, and/or make it cheaper... sure Id give it another go.

Id honestly prefer if they just used a normal controller or the nunchucks again.

I think they can make it cheaper. But don't expect a $60 gamepad.

Theyre never going back to the Wiimote. Not after a second screen.