By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Project H.A.M.M.E.R untold story, the fall of Nintendo Software Technology and racism within Nintendo

Tagging this sh*t. It's gon be gud...

Around the Network

And this kind of behavior is one of lesser know reason for Nintedo's many failures. Nintendo treated DMA Design in a similar way during the development of Body Harvest, which I consider their biggest mistake since DMA went on to make one of the most popular video game series and the main reason the PS2 was so popular. I bet something similar happen to Retro and Raven Blade, too. I wonder if Nintendo have recently changed their ways, given all the recent restructuring. One can only hope.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Some of the culture clashing is interesting but I think that the game was never really good from the sound of it. Looking at the studio's history, one wouldn't expect anything more than a decent game.

Sad to see a studio executives practicing such things though. Not good.

One pet peeve though, this is not racism, it's nationalism, or ethnocentrism, as we have no idea what the races are of the western staff.

Sounds like the game just sucked (Wii gimmicks) and accusations started flying around for scapegoating purposes

Wow.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I take it, this is going to be another one of those threads where Japanese management gets blamed for shutting down a Western-centric game, even though the game in question was never any fun at any stage of its development.

Probably. And they act as if japanese games are abundant and western ones a rarity in this industry. 

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

FunFan said:
And this kind of behavior is one of lesser know reason for Nintedo's many failures. Nintendo treated DMA Design in a similar way during the development of Body Harvest, which I consider their biggest mistake since DMA went on to make one of the most popular video game series and the main reason the PS2 was so popular. I bet something similar happen to Retro and Raven Blade, too. I wonder if Nintendo have recently changed their ways, given all the recent restructuring. One can only hope.

Michael Kelbaugh stated Raven Blade was trash and he was glad it never released.

"The talent which created some of the studio's most impressive games has long since departed, many leaving due to their experience with Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and its painful development."

Which talent? You mean the talent which created everybody's favorite game, Metroid Prime: Hunters?

That people are already assuming defensive positions to combat what this video is talking about is expected but, really, it would nice if they watched the video first so that they aren't totally off-base.

RolStoppable said:
I take it, this is going to be another one of those threads where Japanese management gets blamed for shutting down a Western-centric game, even though the game in question was never any fun at any stage of its development.

It wasn't Japanese fun. But maybe it was western fun?

Look at the dominant games in the western market. Do you really think those gamers care about a game being Japanese aka real fun?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.