By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games this gen you just haven't clicked with?

Metallox said:
IamAwsome said:
Assassin's Creed IV. I got it free with gold a few hours ago, and it just doesn't resonate with me. Perhaps I should give the game another chance? AC always looks good at E3, but just doesn't sit well with me in person.

Precisely, the game isn't great. Combat is very simple and everything feels very "samey", like if developers only had a year to make the game. Also, the mission design is very archaic. However, I don't think ACIV is an 8th gen game, because it also released on 360 and PS3. 

Welp, the developers did have a year to make the game. AC as a whole just isn't as good as it used to be. Unity's co-op made it a bit better, but not by much. Ubisoft giving the franchise a rest would help the series a lot. 

Around the Network

transistor. it just didnt click with me. its gameplay was just too slow and its progression and upgrades were way to complicated.

Probably one that didn`t click with me was the last of us. I played through it all and thought there were some neat tricks done here and there, but it was something that just didn`t settle in with me. I tried to play it again, but couldn`t do it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Edwardooo said:
The Witcher 3 is probably the most boring game i've played this generation. I'm still in Skellige since weeks and I just don't want to play it more.

This. I'm suffering the same thing. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I don't have motivation to finish it, I'll just let it go.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Shadow of Mordor, probably. I did beat the game, but I sold it shortly after, which I rarely do. Open world was boring and empty, game was really short, final boss was laughably bad, climbing wasn't that good, combat didn't feel as good as Batman. I did like the fluid transition between bow and sword, though, and the Nemesis system was cool, but wasn't really used to it's full potential. But didn't love the game nearly as much as other people seem to have.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Edwardooo said:
The Witcher 3 is probably the most boring game i've played this generation. I'm still in Skellige since weeks and I just don't want to play it more.

This. I'm suffering the same thing. It's sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring. I don't have motivation to finish it, I'll just let it go.

I did set myself to finishing it and it was a bit disappointing tbh. I was glad it was finally over, the gameplay only kept getting worse from the Isle of mists to the end. When I give up on looting and crafting and start skipping through cut scenes I know the game has outstayed its welcome. The final quest broke down on me as I decided to take an alternative route resulting in Yenefer not casting a shield to protect me from the frost nor breaking the barrier to get to the tower. With help of the horse I could glitch through the barrier and walk undisturbed into the tower... (Not that I was fighting anymore anyway, just running past everything from cut scene to cut scene) Anti climax, yet I was relieved it was over.

Bastion won't click with me. I tried it twice, get too bored after an hour. Transistor however became my favorite game last year.
Spelunky is not clicking with me either, nor any random generated start over when you die games. Weird, because Tokyo jungle was extremely addictive and also one of my favorites.

I think im generally disapointed with big open world games. Theyre the ones that are heavily hyped and get rave reviews and they are often disapointing. Even when theyre good its often not as great as people claim. Its like significant flaws in the games are forgiven by many because of the size and scope of the games. Maybe theres some sense to that as the bigger the game the more they can mess up but it shouldnt be overlooked to the level i seem to see.