By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: We will offer at NX's launch a Nintendo-like solution (!)

What NX device will you buy in 2016?

NX Handheld 26 13.68%

NX Console 46 24.21%

Both 78 41.05%

Wii U 39 20.53%

Total:189

This means that Half Life 3, Age of Empires IV, WarCraft IV and Baldur's Gate III will be NX exclusives. They will release at launch together with Metroid Dread.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network

"On a different note, I believe the standard for software publishers in selecting what hardware to provide their games for is the installed base after all."

This is very true. For all the talk about how it's difficult to port to the wii u, if it had sold like the wii did 3rd parries wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Luke888 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Iwata: "Let me clarify the situation by making an unbelievably vague statement that raises more questions than it answers".

^EXACTLY , It was really hard to me to understend what he was saying because basically he made up a lot of meaningless words that don't really explain anithing

Hey, at least that is a typical Nintendo-like answer.

OT: I have no idea what he's talking about and, to be honest, I won't even try to understand it. Just let me know when they finally reveal the damned thing so I can make my mind on it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Hiku said:

Isn't a Nintendo-like solution what they've been doing all this time?
But he says it like it's not, and to "avoid what happened with the previous generations", so I dunno what to make of that.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about having a steady output of Nintendo-published titles from launch, something that 3DS/Wii U did not have.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Good to here, hopefully it involves lessons learnt from the previous generations failings .

Around the Network

Dis iz werd.

The only thing that popped up in my head is Backwards Compatibility. So they are saying that, developers should continue making games for the Wii U and on the 3DS, because it will also be playable on the NX.

I dont know if this is Nintendo's plan for the NX, that they say things but don't actually reveal what the NX would be, so it would keep gamers and the media talking. Like here on VGChartz, the amount of NX threads are on the roof!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Hiku said:

Isn't a Nintendo-like solution what they've been doing all this time?
But he says it like it's not, and to "avoid what happened with the previous generations", so I dunno what to make of that.

Ha-ha ! this confirms that  NX is indeed a next gen console, since PREVIOUS GENERATIONS is more than one and the Wii generation was anything but a failure, so yeah, 9th gen confirmed

"(...)but with regard to the launch of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U not necessarily having progressed well and not acquiring sufficient support from software publishers, we intend to offer NX through a Nintendo-like solution. Thank you for understanding that we are making various considerations and preparations in order to avoid what happened with the previous generations"

...Um. What?

What is that supposed to mean? They intend to gain 3rd party support as well as having a good launch line up "through a Nintendo-like solution?" What is that supposed to mean?

I'll use any excuse possible to push the "unified platform" idea, but that doesn't sound like what this is. Nintendo has never done a unified platform before, so that isn't "Nintendo-like." Unless he's referring to the novelty of a unified platform as a "Nintendo-like" solution? Whenever Iwata says "Nintendo-like," it always means "Wii/DS-era." "Nintendo-like," to me, means unique, unconventional, disruptive. Dual screens. Motion control.

But what does that mean when referring to software droughts and third party support? A Wii/DS-era opproach to third party support? Being so massively successful that people have to make something for your system just based off of selling potential alone? Or a unique system that will entice third parties to support the NX. I really don't know.

They either have a fucking brilliant idea, or a fucking stupid one. I guess a unified platform can be seen as a "Nintendo-like" solution, as it allows for a unique solution to gaining large installed base in an extremely short amount of time, even if it's only moderately successful. That, along with powerful hardware, could be enough to entice 3rd parties. And backwards compatability at launch with all Wii U and 3DS virtual console and eshop games would definitely solve the issue of having a weak start.

But is that "Nintendo-like?" I dunno. Truly. Sounds like it could be disasterous otherwise.

They will offer Nx through a nintedo-like solution? That.....what does that even mean?
I'm pretty convinced NX is hardware but how can you offer hardware 'through a nintendo-like solution'?
Understocking? (jk)
Maybe it is the language barrier and that's why I'm not getting it but other than selling new hardware at stores aka the solution everyone uses to bring new hardware to the consumer, what other solutions could there be? Maybe I'm too hung up on the wording, but...it's strange.

Edit: ok, I brain-farted! I wasn't reading too carefully but now I get the fricking sentence! It's the software lineup they intent to offer though their solution...ok. That makes more sense. I guess summer is too hot over here. I cant think straight anymore! XD