By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Diddy Kong Racing 2 for NX!?!?!? RUMOR! NX priced at $149!?!? Rumor too!

What do you want?

NO DIDDY KONG RACING!!! 45 23.94%

DIDDY KONG RACING ON WII U AND NX AND 3DS!!! 58 30.85%

Just on Wii U... 27 14.36%

Just on NX... 51 27.13%

Just on 3ds... 7 3.72%

Total:188
JRPGfan said:
generic-user-1 said:
JRPGfan said:

Missing the gamepad... and it has a new name, and a new chance of being a success.

Still I really hope this isnt what nintendo does.

no, with the gamepad, but with a new name.  just slim.

Its not possible to relaunch the Wii U, with a new cheaper way to produce the console, and sell it for 150$.

The gamepad alone costs like 80$.

Nintendo would need to perform some sort of black magic to pull that off.

lol that nonsense. that wasn't true at launch and isn't true now. stop trolling like that.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Angelv577 said:
hard to believe they will be able to create a console with at least the power of the Wii U plus an additional gimmick for $149. I'll be impressed.

The Shield Console is more powerful than the Wii U (500 GFLOPS with 3GB of RAM) and retails for $199.99, sold at a fat, fat profit margin becaue Nvidia doesn't make money off games. 

Depends on how expensive the gimmick is, but I suspect Nintendo learned their lesson on expensive gimmicks this gen. 

500 gigaflops isn't more powerfull than wii u, you cheap troll. and I bet this  shield doesn't have edram and some other stuff wii u has. wii u could probably be sold by $199 right now without bundled software, no wonder this shield that has lower specs can also retail for that price.

Also, nintendo didn't have any gimmick this gen (or ever for that matter) but let me guess, you are going to call the 3ds' 3d and wii u's gamepad gimmicks. bad news for you, cause your nonsense aside, those things weren't expensive. neither incresed the console's cost by much.

inccubus2nd said:
JRPGfan said:
generic-user-1 said:
JRPGfan said:

Missing the gamepad... and it has a new name, and a new chance of being a success.

Still I really hope this isnt what nintendo does.

no, with the gamepad, but with a new name.  just slim.

Its not possible to relaunch the Wii U, with a new cheaper way to produce the console, and sell it for 150$.

The gamepad alone costs like 80$.

Nintendo would need to perform some sort of black magic to pull that off.

lol that nonsense. that wasn't true at launch and isn't true now. stop trolling like that.

http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2013/03/18/t-ts-nintendo-wii-u-teardown.cnnmoney/index.html?iid=HP_River

CNN had the Gamepad at 79.25$ total. (this was back in 2013)

Dont believe me? watch the video.

JRPGfan said:
inccubus2nd said:

http://money.cnn.com/video/technology/2013/03/18/t-ts-nintendo-wii-u-teardown.cnnmoney/index.html?iid=HP_River

CNN had the Gamepad at 79.25$ total.

Dont believe me? watch the video.

So, 2013 unnoficial source that also disconsiders nintendo's discount for buying components in large quantities. plus, you ignore that things get cheaper as time goes on.

Ummm Iwata said that NX will be built from ZERO. It'll have nothing todo with Wii U and a console revision wouldn't entail a brand new concept. It's fake, Iwata says so.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

With statemrnts like "The new platform is aiming for a price of $149.99" and "the NX hardware is technically a Wii U except with higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU", I'm left with three options to choose:

1-NX is a handheld and he doesn't know it.

2-Nintendo has gone full retard.

3-It's not only fake, but it's also the biggest pile of sh!t in a long time.

I'm going with option three.

Nintendo confirmed the NX is a home console

I read this rumor earlier today. Majorly fake.

At least I hop it is...

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

ExplodingBlock said:
JEMC said:

With statemrnts like "The new platform is aiming for a price of $149.99" and "the NX hardware is technically a Wii U except with higher memory bandwidth and a more balanced CPU", I'm left with three options to choose:

Even so, I'm still left with the other two options and my choice would still be the third one.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If the NX only offers slightly better graphics than a Wii U with just a traditional controller, I'm not sure how it will fly off shelves. I imagine Nintendo have something more than this up their sleeves. I'm expecting a Twilight Princess scenario where the next Zelda will launch on both platforms.

ExplodingBlock said:
JEMC said:

Where exatly Nintendo confirmed that NX is a specifically home console?