By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 1TB PS4 Ultimate Player Edition launches 399€ 15th July (Europe/Pal Territories)

Aerys said:

You can update thé information, we have thé price, its 399€

http://i.imgur.com/Lnqd4UU.jpg  " PS4 doubles its capacité but the price remains intact "

So i guess thé basic model will get a price drop

Could be, thought they might sell the 500GB with a bundled game at the same price at the 1TB without a bundled game. I still think the 500GB will either drop to $349 or be discontinued. If the 500GB is discontinued then I don't see there being a price cut, but some wicked special deals for the Holidays.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:

Could be, thought they might sell the 500GB with a bundled game at the same price at the 1TB without a bundled game. I still think the 500GB will either drop to $349 or be discontinued. If the 500GB is discontinued then I don't see there being a price cut, but some wicked special deals for the Holidays.

If that's correct then I think it goes without question that we'll see the 500gb + TLOUR version drop to $350.

The PS5 Exists. 

It definitely doesn't make sense financially to phase out the 500GB model when it can just be dropped to that attractive $350 price point. Then you appeal to primarily physical game buyers with a cheaper model, and people who adore digital have the slightly more expensive model. Ultimately, it gives the two options necessary for gamers today.

Hiku said:

Don't know if it's because of the new incoming model, but the biggest electronics chain in Sweden are selling PS4 for 3000 kr this week. (Launched at 4000 kr). So it's basicaly the equivalent of $300.

Very interesting. That would be a bigger drop than I thought. Perhaps they'll put TLOUR in with the 1TB version and sell that for $400

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Hiku said:

Don't know if it's because of the new incoming model, but the biggest electronics chain in Sweden are selling PS4 for 3000 kr this week. (Launched at 4000 kr). So it's basicaly the equivalent of $300.

Very interesting. That would be a bigger drop than I thought. Perhaps they'll put TLOUR in with the 1TB version and sell that for $400

There is hope yet! Fingers crossed for a $300 price point on the older sku. Ive been waiting for the price cut but it's becoming more difficult not to jump in over the past two months.

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
GribbleGrunger said:Very interesting. That would be a bigger drop than I thought. Perhaps they'll put TLOUR in with the 1TB version and sell that for $400

There is hope yet! Fingers crossed for a $300 price point on the older sku. Ive been waiting for the price cut but it's becoming more difficult not to jump in over the past two months.

Pfftttt 2 months is not worth $50. So much PS4 awesomeness you are missing out on.

I feel like a full $100 price cut on the 500GB would be too big unless they started the 1TB at $350 instead of $400. Nobody would buy the 1TB model if it was $100 more expensive, at least nobody with even a basic understanding of how easy Sony has made it to swap HDD's. As for that sale, I can pretty much guarantee they're probably trying to thin out stock a little to make room for the 1TB model. As well, we don't know when the new model is suppose to start being stocked anywhere except Japan, so it's possible that they're expecting both the 1TB old model and the 500GB new models to start rolling in from the start of July onward.

They should've showed it at the E3 conference. Would've been a nice way to end it off.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
They should've showed it at the E3 conference. Would've been a nice way to end it off.

Except this forgets that E3 is a US focused game conference. Yeah, game announcements are usually relevant for Europe as well (release dates maybe not so much), but if they didn't have anything to say about a release date for the US, it would have been a pretty pointless announcement.

LuckyTrouble said:
I feel like a full $100 price cut on the 500GB would be too big unless they started the 1TB at $350 instead of $400. Nobody would buy the 1TB model if it was $100 more expensive, at least nobody with even a basic understanding of how easy Sony has made it to swap HDD's. As for that sale, I can pretty much guarantee they're probably trying to thin out stock a little to make room for the 1TB model. As well, we don't know when the new model is suppose to start being stocked anywhere except Japan, so it's possible that they're expecting both the 1TB old model and the 500GB new models to start rolling in from the start of July onward.

That's why I said they could add TLOUR to that bundle. It would give it a sense of value.

The PS5 Exists.