By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not dodging the question, I just assumed you had common sense so I didn't bother answering it directly. So let me make it clear...

Yes, I verified nobody was on the network OR using a significant amount of resources. That's because I have common sense, I didn't need the support page for a simple issue like that. And like I told you before again and again, PS Now works best hardwired but still suffers from latency and degraded video quality.

I'm sorry, I know more about cloud gaming than you. I'm starting to wonder if you're defending a service you never attempted to use.

I don't think you know how common sense work. It's rarer than you think, and you don't have it.

Yes you said it works best wired, but before that you said it was shit. That bub is BS, because it works wired and wireless just fine for me in my home. That's why I said you have an isolated issue that you should check up on. Keep in mind, I don't play PS Now in places like Starbucks etc.

Now let me make myself clear, I'm not defending a service, I'm just pointing out your BS.

The vita suffers from lag spikes and disconnects. However, its not bad enough to kill the experience. My hardwired ps4 has ZERO issues - but I still frequently use PS Now on my vita as I can take it anywhere in my house, or use it at work.

You need to remember who you are arguing with. Until Microsoft comes out with game streaming, clearly the whole idea is a fail.

Around the Network
sabvre42 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

I don't think you know how common sense work. It's rarer than you think, and you don't have it.

Yes you said it works best wired, but before that you said it was shit. That bub is BS, because it works wired and wireless just fine for me in my home. That's why I said you have an isolated issue that you should check up on. Keep in mind, I don't play PS Now in places like Starbucks etc.

Now let me make myself clear, I'm not defending a service, I'm just pointing out your BS.

The vita suffers from lag spikes and disconnects. However, its not bad enough to kill the experience. My hardwired ps4 has ZERO issues - but I still frequently use PS Now on my vita as I can take it anywhere in my house, or use it at work.

You need to remember who you are arguing with. Until Microsoft comes out with game streaming, clearly the whole idea is a fail.

yeah. even my ps3 is wireless and i've been playing way of the samurai 3, with no problem for weeks. the service is still in beta too so..

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm not dodging the question, I just assumed you had common sense so I didn't bother answering it directly. So let me make it clear...

Yes, I verified nobody was on the network OR using a significant amount of resources. That's because I have common sense, I didn't need the support page for a simple issue like that. And like I told you before again and again, PS Now works best hardwired but still suffers from latency and degraded video quality.

I'm sorry, I know more about cloud gaming than you. I'm starting to wonder if you're defending a service you never attempted to use.

Seriously, use your head. I'm obviously not a stranger to network devices and I've been using streaming services for a long time. How would I not know multiple devices using a lot of bandwidth will affect what I'm doing on the network? You're grasping at straws in effort to defend PS Now simply because its a Sony service.

Did I say it was shit? Maybe I did, I don't recall. However, do recall saying you will experience latency and degraded video quality on PS Now, that can't be avoided regardless how great your connection is. That's just a fact.

Wouldn't it be great if you could play PS Now in Starbucks? It probably won't work though because a service like PS Now has high requirements.

It sounds like you're having good luck in your home. But try leaving home, it sure as fuck doesn't work great everywhere. I've run into issues using it both hardwired and wirelessly. Even when nobody else is using network resources. Sometimes it could just be Sony's servers causing poor performance.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Seriously, use your head. I'm obviously not a stranger to network devices and I've been using streaming services for a long time. How would I not know multiple devices using a lot of bandwidth will affect what I'm doing on the network? You're grasping at straws in effort to defend PS Now simply because its a Sony service.

Did I say it was shit? Maybe I did, I don't recall. However, do recall saying you will experience latency and degraded video quality on PS Now, that can't be avoided regardless how great your connection is. That's just a fact.

Wouldn't it be great if you could play PS Now in Starbucks? It probably won't work though because a service like PS Now has high requirements.

It sounds like you're having good luck in your home. But try leaving home, it sure as fuck doesn't work great everywhere. I've run into issues using it both hardwired and wirelessly. Even when nobody else is using network resources. Sometimes it could just be Sony's servers causing poor performance.

I think you need to follow your own advice and use your own head bub.

How dare you assume I'm grasping at straws. That there just really pissed me the fuck off. As I recall, you said you've experienced latency and degrade video due to your connection so I offered some tips, and advice and then you acted with an anal-retentive manner. The service is in beta anyways, and you know what, go [censored]

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I want to point out that PS Now isn't as terrible as you try to spin it -- even on public WiFi and on the vita.

I actually played FFXIII from the Public Library around 7 different play sessions on my Vita. Every one of those sessions was seemless (other than the annoying webbrowser connection piece). I didn't dissconnect and I didn't down rez for more than 5 seconds at a time.

PS Now only requires 5mbps, which even low end DSL users have these days.

Lastly, I want to point out that PS Now games look AMAZING on the vita. 720p games on the Vita with better aliasing - Heck Yes please.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think you need to follow your own advice and use your own head bub.

How dare you assume I'm grasping at straws. That there just really pissed me the fuck off. As I recall, you said you've experienced latency and degrade video due to your connection so I offered some tips, and advice and then you acted with an anal-retentive manner. The service is in beta anyways, and you know what, go [censored]

Haha! I love when people get worked up over stuff like this. You sir, are adorable.

PS Home never left beta. Probably so they could excuse poor performance.

Using wifi I generally experienenced enough lag to hurt the gameplay, not neccesarily unplayable. Hardwired is better but still has issues, hence not perfect.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

sabvre42 said:

I want to point out that PS Now isn't as terrible as you try to spin it -- even on public WiFi and on the vita.

I actually played FFXIII from the Public Library around 7 different play sessions on my Vita. Every one of those sessions was seemless (other than the annoying webbrowser connection piece). I didn't dissconnect and I didn't down rez for more than 5 seconds at a time.

Lastly, I want to point out that PS Now games look AMAZING on the vita. 720p games on the Vita with better aliasing - Heck Yes please.

I think youre exagerating how bad I feel it is. Its a cool service but Im rarely in a place that has wifi cabable of running PS Now. And even at home the difference is pretty significant if I use it hardwired versus wifi.

Yeah, PS3 games looked pretty great on that Vita screen. Nobody is arguing that.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
sabvre42 said:

I think youre exagerating how bad I feel it is. Its a cool service but Im rarely in a place that has wifi cabable of running PS Now. And even at home the difference is pretty significant if I use it hardwired versus wifi.

Yeah, PS3 games looked pretty great on that Vita screen. Nobody is arguing that.

I think the biggest problem with PS Now over WiFi is the fact that they didn't create the ability to take over a gaming session after a disconnect. Down rezing is something people are conditioned to deal with from netflix, amazon, youtube, etc.

The fact that you get randomly disconnected due to a lagspike and it makes you lose all progress since your last save is what make the experience of a dissconect 10x more impactful.

sabvre42 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think the biggest problem with PS Now over WiFi is the fact that they didn't create the ability to take over a gaming session after a disconnect. Down rezing is something people are conditioned to deal with from netflix, amazon, youtube, etc.

The fact that you get randomly disconnected due to a lagspike and it makes you lose all progress since your last save is what make the experience of a dissconect 10x more impactful.

Agreed, there needs to be some sort of pause of the game and like a 10 minute window to continue your progress or its shut down.

That was also an issue OnLive had. But I spent more time with it and was more tolerant of lag/disconnects on that service because a high end PC is more expensive than a PS3.

Recently Completed

I wonder how many non-PS3 gamers are gonna buy Uncharted Collections though.