By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

You changed your mind from one post to another, flopping about.  Its their you know it is.

Yeah, didn't happen. I was consistent.

You on the otherhand said nobody cares about old games while ignoring Nitendo and Sony have been pushing old games pretty hard. Sony even invested hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing more than streaming old games thus far.

You're downplaying BC simply because Sony didn't want to admit its a great addition to the X1.

And you are over playing it, you wish it be big when all facts point its not.

You your self said you changed your mind, in your freaking post.  lol 

No need to downplay a mostly irrelevent service.  A niche service, like a carburator mechanic is these days.  

Around the Network
GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, didn't happen. I was consistent.

You on the otherhand said nobody cares about old games while ignoring Nitendo and Sony have been pushing old games pretty hard. Sony even invested hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing more than streaming old games thus far.

You're downplaying BC simply because Sony didn't want to admit its a great addition to the X1.

No need to downplay a mostly irrelevent service.  A niche service, like a carburator mechanic is these days.  

I don't think I'm overplaying it at all. I don't think its much of a game changer but certainly a feature millions of X1 users will take advantage of. Especially if most Xbox 360 Games with Gold releases support X1 BC.

When did I say I changed my mind? Maybe I did, just point it out for me please.

You said Sony is making money on PS Now. I feel its in the red and will be for a long time because Sony invested so much in it. Why rent PS3 games when you can buy physical games cheaper? When it came to PS1 and PS2 games you could own them digitally, not rent them for a relatively high price.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

I don't think I'm overplaying it at all. I don't think its much of a game changer but certainly a feature millions of X1 users will take advantage of. Especially if most Xbox 360 Games with Gold releases support X1 BC.

You said Sony is making money on PS Now. I feel its in the red and will be for a long time because Sony invested so much in it. Why rent PS3 games when you can buy physical games cheaper? When it came to PS1 and PS2 games you could own them digitally, not rent them for a relatively high price.

I see it being big for a niche market, just dont see 99% of people these days giving a shit about old games.  Game age badly, games are like people not wine.  At a certain age its just a NO.

uhh, im not going through our crap fest, you do it.

Why not, rent play move on to the next.  A month for 20$ i can play a shit ton more games then if i had to buy them.  A way better value.  

GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I see it being big for a niche market, just dont see 99% of people these days giving a shit about old games.  Game age badly, games are like people not wine.  At a certain age its just a NO.

uhh, im not going through our crap fest, you do it.

Why not, rent play move on to the next.  A month for 20$ i can play a shit ton more games then if i had to buy them.  A way better value.  

Its hard to measure what impact BC will have. If it supports a few hundred notable games that could motivate a lot 360 owners to get an X1. If many Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles use the BC, that could boost Gold subscriptions. Not everyone has your feelings about old games, many of us can games appriciate games whether they are new or old. Hence, stop projecting your negative feelings of old games on everyone.

Well you're the one that made the accusation. So obviously you should look through the "crap fest."

The thing is many of us don't have a lot of time to play games all day so paying $20 for PS Now feels like a waste ($240 anually). I'd rather spend $240 building a collection of dirt cheap PS3 and play them when I have time (you could buy every GoW and Uncharted game for like $60 at gamestop). Also, owning the games phyhsically and playing them on PS3 means I don't deal with latency and degraged quality of streaming video. PS Now has a lot of games, but most people are only interested in a relatively small number of games on that service.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

The bold sounds like an isolated issue, and not a widespread problem. I would suggest you stop your bull.

Let me give you some tips. Reduce the number of devices and applications running on your network.

When I beat a game, I don't keep them anyways.

Yeah, Pay for PS Now subscription = Play +100 games on PS Now for no extra cost.

Isolated issue? I guess you missed the part where I said I used PS Now at VARIOUS LOCATIONS. Its not isolated, the service is very demanding and too much latency will actually end the game. Wifi generally has more latency which is why avid online gamers prefer hardwire.

For the price of one month on PS Now you can buy every Uncharted game. A lot of the games on that service are dirt cheap used.

Most people will have performance issues especially if using wifi. For the record, I love the idea of PS Now. It just has high requirements to work properly. It aint a simple streaming service like Netflix.

How many devices running on the network you used in your "VARIOUS LOCATIONS"? -_______-

There is only 4 Uncharted games thus far. You're comparing that to +100 games? /facepalm

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Isolated issue? I guess you missed the part where I said I used PS Now at VARIOUS LOCATIONS. Its not isolated, the service is very demanding and too much latency will actually end the game. Wifi generally has more latency which is why avid online gamers prefer hardwire.

For the price of one month on PS Now you can buy every Uncharted game. A lot of the games on that service are dirt cheap used.

Most people will have performance issues especially if using wifi. For the record, I love the idea of PS Now. It just has high requirements to work properly. It aint a simple streaming service like Netflix.

How many devices running on the network you used in your "VARIOUS LOCATIONS"? -_______-

There is only 4 Uncharted games thus far. You're comparing that to +100 games? /facepalm

Dude, I know a thing or two about streaming clould games. I was doing it via OnLive well before PS Plus existed. Even that service had similar issues. They are very demanding and work best hardwired to reduce latency. Which sucks if you're using a mobile device like Vita. I gave up trying to use PS Now on my Vita due to frequent disconnects even in the same room with my wireless router.

How many of those hundred plus games is the average person gonna play a month? A person with limited time and a life rather own the games to play at their own leisure. Also, those games are better experienced on an actual PS3 where video quality isn't degraded and gameplay isn't impacted by latency.

OnLive made more sense to me because it allowed me to play high end PC games without needing an expensive PC. But a used PS3 is like $100-$120 at Gamestop.

Recently Completed

How did they get this info? Sounds dubious to me. No one asked me if I owned a ps3 before my ps4.

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Dude, I know a thing or two about streaming clould games. I was doing it via OnLive well before PS Plus existed. Even that service had similar issues. They are very demanding and work best hardwired to reduce latency. Which sucks if you're using a mobile device like Vita. I gave up trying to use PS Now on my Vita due to frequent disconnects even in the same room with my wireless router.

How many of those hundred plus games is the average person gonna play a month? A person with limited time and a life rather own the games to play at their own leisure. Also, those games are better experienced on an actual PS3 where video quality isn't degraded and gameplay isn't impacted by latency.

OnLive made more sense to me because it allowed me to play high end PC games without needing an expensive PC. But a used PS3 is like $100-$120 at Gamestop.

Not going to comment on speculations. Sorry bub.

Like I said before, if they already have PS3 games, then they should already have a PS3.

deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Like I said before, if they already have PS3 games, then they should already have a PS3.

Its not speculation, these are common issues when attempting to use cloud game services. If these issues werent common cloud gaming would be more popular.

And I would suggest getting an actual PS3 over the latency fest that can be PS Now. But it can be tolerable if using a device hardwired.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Its not speculation, these are common issues when attempting to use cloud game services. If these issues werent common cloud gaming would be more popular.

And I would suggest getting an actual PS3 over the latency fest that can be PS Now. But it can be tolerable if using a device hardwired.

It's a common issue for you that is for sure if you have multiple devices running on the same network...