By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 40% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3!

arcane_chaos said:
which even more credence to sony's remasters,

PS4 sales be like: "This isn't even my final form"

PS4 evolves to PS4 Slim and uses $199 attack.  It is super effective and obliterates all in its path.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

Wish all you want, theres only about 10 million Xones in the market.  Millions will use bc on it is a total joke now and in the future.  Especially since it i can tell you now it will never be 100% BC.  Even more so its not actually playing of the dics, you have to downlaod the whoel game.  Do you plan on having 30 hds hooked up ? My X1 is nearly full and thats just game updates and mandatory installs, while i had to slap a 2tb hd in my PS4 to keep up with it all.

Millions are playing Old Gears Halos or Cods, i seriously doubt that.  Halo 4 had about 20k online players a year after release.  

Like i said and am clearly right supported by such tiny numbers from the mega franchise Halo, a small niche will ever use or care about it.  

One thing HMCC proved to be blatently is that its painfull to play old games after a taste of the new and shiny, Halo3 was a total shit looker after the awesome looking H2 remake.  A tiny minority is hardcore gamer enough to over look that.  Especially early 7th gen games, thsoe are brutal on the eyes now.  
Sony is setting up for the future while milking some cash out of the service, now is not their solution to BC.  Nor do they care and think enough gamers care about it to do bc.  Even trying to spin Now into some support for your argument really show how lacking you opinion is.

You do understand the X1 is still growing, right? And the userbase is more like 12 million.

Xbox 360 games are actually pretty small compared to 8th gen or even PS3 games (disc games are usually 4 - 7 GB). If you're low on space, get a USB powered external HDD. I did, works great.

There are likely a million or millions still playing Gears, Halo, or CoDs on 360 periodically. For game to have peaks of 20K in 24 hours, then there is a significantly higher number of uniques throughout the day. I'll elaborate on that if you need me to.

Dude, a lot people still play old shooters. I play MCC and I can tell you people fucking love playing Halo 1 and 2 still. You'd be surprised how many old games on 360 still have an active online population.

Playstation's long term future looks bleak given the Playstation brand is actually shrinking. Don't forget, their mobile gaming market is basically dead. While major companies like Valve and MS could easily make a service to compete with PS Now and offer more. You say Sony is milking cash out of PS Now, but its uncertain if the service is profitable. They certainly haven't made back the $380 million they spent acquiring the tech for PS Now.

What?  So, their brand is shrinking when they will win this gen by a large gap between them and 2nd?  Will sell over 100M, which they couldn't pull off last gen.  If anything is in trouble, it's Xbox.  Not only is it shrinking in the US this gen, but even more dramatically in EU.  If things continue as they are, they'll be lucky to hit 60M, 25M+ less than last gen.  And now, MS is spending less money on their Xbox division.  My guess is they will try again next gen, but if the result is the same as this one, they will drop out.

And sure, Playstation's mobile gaming is declining, but so is Nintendo's, the king of handheld.  Even without strong competition from something like the PSP, the 3DS will probably fail to hit 80M.  Smartphones have just hurt that market greatly.

@ OP

I believe it.  I've come across a few guys from my work who only had a 360 last gen, but went with the PS4 this gen.  I think that number will probably stay about the same as this gen goes on.  PS4 is the IT console.  Even without B/C. 

GTstation said:

Just flip flopping everywhere.  I already said what i view Now as and what i see they are doing with it.  Stop making up wishy washe crap.  Now is exactly what it need to be for now.  Faliure, by what imaginary metric should any one see it as that ?

I'm not flip flopping. You're the one that thinks nobody cares about old games but feels PS Now is successful.

All of my responses have been consistent.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:

Just flip flopping everywhere.  I already said what i view Now as and what i see they are doing with it.  Stop making up wishy washe crap.  Now is exactly what it need to be for now.  Faliure, by what imaginary metric should any one see it as that ?

I'm not flip flopping. You're the one that thinks nobody cares about old games but feels PS Now is successful.

Not really but keep telling je self that, belief is a strong thing.

thismeintiel said:

What?  So, their brand is shrinking when they will win this gen by a large gap between them and 2nd?  Will sell over 100M, which they couldn't pull off last gen.  If anything is in trouble, it's Xbox.  Not only is it shrinking in the US this gen, but even more dramatically in EU.  If things continue as they are, they'll be lucky to hit 60M, 25M+ less than last gen. 

Lets not make this Playstation vs Xbox for moment.

While Playstation is the dominant home console. the brand is still shrinking. The odds of hitting PS2 numbers are slim and their mobile market is dead. Sony fans boasted about the mobile market when it was doing great, but now pretend it wasn't a great revenue stream for the brand.

Doing better than Xbox doesn't mean the Playstation brand is as strong as ever. Franky, much of Xbox's success came directly from the failures of PS3.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You have an opportunity to elaborate where I'm flip flopping, but if you just wanna be obnoxious while making an exit that's cool too.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Where is the source for this story?

5Mbps to high?

you still have to buy or own the game in the first place for emulation.

5mbps is more like the minimum. I have a significantly higher speed than that but run into issues if Im not hardwired. So PS Now on my Vita hasnt really been viable for me at various locations.

Yeah, you have to buy games for emuation. But atleast you own it versus renting on PS Now. Also, physical games can be dirt cheap. X1 users will even have access to their compatible digital content.

The bold sounds like an isolated issue, and not a widespread problem. I would suggest you stop your bull.

Let me give you some tips. Reduce the number of devices and applications running on your network.

When I beat a game, I don't keep them anyways.

Yeah, Pay for PS Now subscription = Play +100 games on PS Now for no extra cost.

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

5mbps is more like the minimum. I have a significantly higher speed than that but run into issues if Im not hardwired. So PS Now on my Vita hasnt really been viable for me at various locations.

Yeah, you have to buy games for emuation. But atleast you own it versus renting on PS Now. Also, physical games can be dirt cheap. X1 users will even have access to their compatible digital content.

The bold sounds like an isolated issue, and not a widespread problem. I would suggest you stop your bull.

Let me give you some tips. Reduce the number of devices and applications running on your network.

When I beat a game, I don't keep them anyways.

Yeah, Pay for PS Now subscription = Play +100 games on PS Now for no extra cost.

Isolated issue? I guess you missed the part where I said I used PS Now at VARIOUS LOCATIONS. Its not isolated, the service is very demanding and too much latency will actually end the game. Wifi generally has more latency which is why avid online gamers prefer hardwire.

For the price of one month on PS Now you can buy every Uncharted game. A lot of the games on that service are dirt cheap used.

Most people will have performance issues especially if using wifi. For the record, I love the idea of PS Now. It just has high requirements to work properly. It aint a simple streaming service like Netflix.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You have an opportunity to elaborate where I'm flip flopping, but if you just wanna be obnoxious while making an exit that's cool too.

You changed your mind from one post to another, flopping about.  Its their you know it is.

GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:
GTstation said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You changed your mind from one post to another, flopping about.  Its their you know it is.

Yeah, didn't happen. I was consistent.

You on the otherhand said nobody cares about old games while ignoring Nitendo and Sony have been pushing old games pretty hard. Sony even invested hundreds of millions of dollars for nothing more than streaming old games thus far.

You're downplaying BC simply because Sony didn't want to admit its a great addition to the X1.

Recently Completed