By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Tachikoma said:
cannonballZ said:

NX wasn't even shown, we don't even know what it is. I think there are a lot of overreactions because of this horrible e3  presentation. 

I don't even care for NX at the moment, and focusing on it now is a mistake in my opinion. They will drive a lot of hardcore fans away by focusing on nx right now.

it doesnt need to be shown, they made a big point about proving how the company is changing, the fact that they mentioned NX at all is telling, if they were completely focused on the wiiu and 3ds, and they have nothing to show with nx, why would they mention it?

DolPhanTendo said:

Actually I disagree you see it here and any other social site people Hate or Troll that's it. Even with Microsoft or Sony people just write hate pieces on video games or the industry reason why people do not take the industry seriously. Someone will have something positive to say and as quickly it's posted someone will hate on it. 

Look at the May NPD thread nice showing for Splatoon and because it wasn't 500,000 first day people just pounce and say negative things 

None of this really changes my statement, i have a hard time believing Nintendo isn't gearing up to replace the WiiU when the last SDK update they shipped for the console was in november of 2014 and the once active bug tracking system has all but dried up with api issue notices left unanswered.

It's clear to me at this point that theyre minimizing investment in to the WiiU, wrapping up remaining projects and setting the stage for replacement.

Chalking the general opinion down to just trolls or haters and insisting that the only thing wrong is customers wondering where the games are, is counterproductive. as things currently are i would predict that a replacenent is on store shelves by holiday 2017, potentially holiday 2016, which would put the wiiu's shelf life ar 4-5 years respectively, putting it a year behind the GC and 2 behind the n64, which EOL numbers round to 22m and 33m.

Nintendo are changing broadening their business aspirations, the WiiU no longer fits their gameplan.

So you are saying they are not going to learn from history(SEGA) and do that same thing ,becausetheir E3 wasn't up to the draw dropping stuff of like " hey a game is coming out in 2017". I come torealize that if this does happen then gaming as whole dies in 10 years. We have to many 18-24 year olds complaining and letting them dictate this industry. They are the ones that only see third party support as a need to get a system not what the system has. The Atari days which almost killed the industry let the game makers control the market not the console makers. That is fact. 

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:

it doesnt need to be shown, they made a big point about proving how the company is changing, the fact that they mentioned NX at all is telling, if they were completely focused on the wiiu and 3ds, and they have nothing to show with nx, why would they mention it?

Are you confident it's a console? What if it's the QOL thing they were doing? Didn't they say they were doing something with wearables? 

I'm not going to even pretend I know what they got up their sleeves, I may be wrong. Time will tell. 

cannonballZ said:
Tachikoma said:

Are you confident it's a console? What if it's the QOL thing they were doing? Didn't they say they were doing something with wearables? 

I'm not going to even pretend I know what they got up their sleeves, I may be wrong. Time will tell. 

At this point the only people that can really answer that question is Nintendo, regardless of hat direction they take however, their main hook is their franchises, and they will no doubt want to maximize the potential of future product by leveraging those IPs.

If that sort of direction were likely then hat we would see if Nintendo attempting to diversify and broaden the penitration and appeal of their franchise set, the collaboration with activision to put nintendo owned IP's in Disney Infinity, which for all intents and purposes is considered a direct competitor to Amiibo, combined with their approach towards mobile software illustrates Nintendo's intent to move away from their current business model, so their next console could well be a new handheld with  small casting hdmi stick, utilizing their existing streaming technology from the WiiU so that it could be played on a TV as a normal console would.

But obviously, that would be a rough guess and by no means an abolsute outcome, the only clear thing we can be certain of is that Nintendo is changing, and their focus for the WiiU has at least for now, taken the back seat.