By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question about Gran Turismo 5 and steering wheels

yea, well im going to buy gran turismo 5 prologe, and i will for sure buy a steering wheel for this game.

but i dont want to buy one and it doesnt work you see.

so will any usb steering wheel work for gt5p? because im not willing to fork out 299 bucks for a g25 ( i get 120 bucks a month, paper route)

wikipedia has these listed as teh ones gt5p supports 

GT Force, Driving Force, Logitech Driving Force GT, Driving Force Pro, Driving Force EX, G25 Racing Wheel

but they also say " Any PlayStation 3 compatible steering wheel works with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" 

which to me means any usb wheel i.e a usb PC steering wheel, since the ps3 has usb ports rite?

im sooooooooooooooo confundled. any usb wheel works on ps3? 

Around the Network

Stick with the list you gave or other wheels that specifically state they support it. Chances are most USB wheels will work, but there will almost certainly be a handful that don't. USB alone isn't enough to guarantee support (as seen in GT4).

Generally I would think all Logitech wheels would work since they're an official partner and are making the GT5 wheel(Driving Force GT). They pretty much make the best ones anyway, so just stick with Logitech and you should be good. Some of the $50 wheels from other companies can be tempting, but you usually get what you pay for(or less). You don't really need a G25, but if you want to be satisfied with the purchase and enjoy the game fully, you really need to spend around $100 to get a good wheel, and the Logitech wheels are the best in that price range.

The G25 is totally worth it, it's the best wheel out there, and it doesn't have a cheap feel.

Leather and stainless still, 6 speed, pure heaven while racing.

The Driving Force Pro gives you everything but the 6-speed for less than half the price of the G25. You can find them new for just over $100. Best bang for your buck, IMO.

Any of the Logitech wheels will work on your PC, but not all PC wheels will work on a PS3. Most of them will, but the more advanced ones have their own force feedback interface, and the game has to be specifically programmed to use it. Any of the Logitech wheels will be well-supported by almost every PC and PS3 racing game, so you'd be set with any of them.