By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Firaxis creative director of XCOM 2 explains why it's PC exclusive

teigaga said:

No confirmation yet I'm just assuming.... theres really no logic on them skipping consoles completely, they'll sell well over 1m if its released in the next 12months and the systems are easier to manage then PS3/360 which they've already worked with. Its clear though that they don't want to compromise the PC version, specifically the UI... Once its out I'm sure they'll begin porting, but guess we'll wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if MS and Sony are each fighting to grab this as an exclusive for their platforms, no way they'll let such an easy seller slip away, especially with how they've both been throwing money and assistence at third party teams this gen.

Yeah I could see them doing it at some point myself, I;d hazard a guess at Sony throwing the money though, if both were getting it I;d imagine MS being goofy and going for the marketing rights and pulling a W3 again where the money wasn't well spent and poorly executed.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

C'mom nintendo, pay for a port of this game on wiiu. Would really amke a lot of sense.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:
C'mom nintendo, pay for a port of this game on wiiu. Would really amke a lot of sense.

I have to agree with you. Using the gamepad for this game >>>>>> mouse

Click HERE and be happy 

Fine by me i have the first Xcom on my laptop, and probably gonna get the second one it free on Skidrow crack.

HollyGamer said:
Fine by me i have the first Xcom on my laptop, and probably gonna get the second one it free on Skidrow crack.

Why get a crack if you played the first?, or are you against supporting them?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network
Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

Why get a crack if you played the first?, or are you against supporting them?.

i will try first if it's good i will buy, ofcourse after steam sales. Too many good games releasing this year and  i dont have alot of money to aford everything so i must carefuly selecting the games.

HollyGamer said:

i will try first if it's good i will buy, ofcourse after steam sales. Too many good games releasing this year and  i dont have alot of money to aford everything so i must carefuly selecting the games.

I usually just wait to see how it performs via media/wom/reviews and people in slightly higher positions, I'm not really one who condones or likes to pirate games, especially recent ones, if there's no demo then I'll simply try my hand at voicing it, if it doesn't happen then I accept the decision.

I mean it's not like you do this for PS4 games though that don't offer demos?.

Chazore said:
HollyGamer said:

I usually just wait to see how it performs via media/wom/reviews and people in slightly higher positions, I'm not really one who condones or likes to pirate games, especially recent ones, if there's no demo then I'll simply try my hand at voicing it, if it doesn't happen then I accept the decision.

I mean it's not like you do this for PS4 games though that don't offer demos?.

The reason is simple "because  it's easy to play  pirate games on PC  and cheaper " if PS4 someday be able to play pirate games will do the same, but is very rare , because console need to be Jail break first and it's risk the console waranty. One thing piracy lack thou, it's online capability, but then again i usually buy the games if it's really good or really cheap and valuable or if it's legendary games that have already a discount on Steam. And Also the game cost it's expensive for me who live on the third world country especially when dollar is rule and reign the world lol. So I am not feel sory at all.