By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The vids from the press play

View on YouTube

View on YouTube

View on YouTube

Around the Network

View on YouTube

With Project Karoo we want to create a vibrant world, weathered by history and ripe with adventure.
The pioneering spirit of scavenging and reusing old parts colors everything in a land built on mobility and inventiveness. The characters you and your friends will meet will be as worn, torn and crazy as the constructions they inhabit. A rich wildlife of huge beasts and exotic critters walk the land, soar the sky and prowl the waters.
As you explore, you encounter characters, players and places that will drive your adventure; some need your help whilst others challenge your courage and skill.
Karoo should be such a perfect playground for inventions that we imagine the world itself shaped for reckless racing, adventuring, and exploration. The rocks will form loops and kickers, the branches of the trees grow twisting ramps, even the sky itself will be formed for fun – go nuts and the wildlife itself will be usable for tricks. So fasten your goggles, grab a wrench, and come tear through the flats, the fields, the storms, and the floods with us!

View on YouTube

Around the Network

The graphics of Project Knoxville will be stylized and unique while keeping a level of seriousness and authenticity. We will be using a shape language with strong, simplified, and iconic silhouettes. Shapes will mainly be sharp and angular, which will help emphasize the harsh reality of the game show. We will work with carefully designed and limited color palettes that will support the mood and emotions the players would feel while competing in the different environments. Textures will be hand­ painted instead of referenced directly from photographic material, which will give the game a unique and clean look. The cinematic lighting and overall atmosphere of the environments will set the stage for the mood of the game.

With Knoxville, our ambitions are super high and these are just the very first steps. We hope you will help us in realizing the potential of this concept.

View on YouTube

The site that Gamechaser linked has a lot more info than I posted, I just dumped the general concept art/teaser videos here for people to get a quick look at each concept on display.

I was surprised when Press Play didn't show at Gamescom but I guess this is why as they havn't got a completely solid project yet. I like the look of Dwarka best followed by Karoo then Knoxville.

I'm tempted to get Arkham Knight but I don't think I'll play if for a while. Might as well wait for it to go on sale on Black Friday.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

shikamaru317 said:
MoHasanie said:
I'm tempted to get Arkham Knight but I don't think I'll play if for a while. Might as well wait for it to go on sale on Black Friday.

I'm waiting for the GOTY Edition that comes with the DLC before I buy it. Arkham City got one, so I'm sure Arkham Knight will too.

Good point, the Batman DLC is always fun. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54