By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

After my little bitch about free Gamepass the other day, I may actually buy a month once this month runs out. The October additions are amazing (though I already had Wolf). Give myself an extra month with FH4 and QB.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:

Yeah there is pretty much an onslaught of games for me going forward now, Sorry Valkyria Chronicles 4 as much as I wanna play you it's bad timing to release on Xbox with the juggernaut of FH4 arriving the same day since FH4 Ultimate edition unlocks the same day here in the UK.

Following that RDR2 for sure and if I can fit in AC Odyssey I will if not I might wait until the inevitable Black Friday discount on it. Following that into November I've got a date booked with World of Final Fantasy then Fallout 76 the week after and to wrap it up with Darksiders III a fortnight after. I wouldn't mind fitting in Episode 1/2 of Life is Strange 2 throughout that list also.

I might end up getting Black Ops 4 for the sake of a game to play with a couple of good real life friends who pretty much only play it and whilst I'm not the biggest fan of CoD that social aspect it brings in return is worth it.

Doesn't leave much time for catching up with the backlog or other smaller releases along with Gamepass/GWG stuff in between. Not to mention it continues through into Q1/Q2 of 2019 also. My wallet will burn.

I expect ac to be heavily discounted on black friday as well. It's a shame really. I'm playing through origins at the moment and it's excellent. Odyssey is being sent out at a heavily stacked part of the year and direct competition with red dead 2.

Despite that.... Yeah, I'll probably buy rdr2 and play Forza and wait for the discount on ac.

shikamaru317 said:
ironmanDX said:

I expect ac to be heavily discounted on black friday as well. It's a shame really. I'm playing through origins at the moment and it's excellent. Odyssey is being sent out at a heavily stacked part of the year and direct competition with red dead 2.

Despite that.... Yeah, I'll probably buy rdr2 and play Forza and wait for the discount on ac.

Yeah, Ubisoft is sending out AC Odyssey to die. I'm not really sure why either, the first person who accurately leaked Odyssey by name and backed up the leak with other accurate details, said that Ubisoft was planning to release it in Spring 2019. I don't know why they decided to change their minds and release it nearly a half a year earlier, just a week before CoD and 3 weeks before RDR2. 

Assassins Creed Origins was also a week before COD, yet it still did record numbers for the franchise. I think three weeks is enough distance between AC and RDR for both to do well.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

shikamaru317 said:
ironmanDX said:

Yeah, Ubisoft is sending out AC Odyssey to die. I'm not really sure why either, the first person who accurately leaked Odyssey by name and backed up the leak with other accurate details, said that Ubisoft was planning to release it in Spring 2019. I don't know why they decided to change their minds and release it nearly a half a year earlier, just a week before CoD and 3 weeks before RDR2. 

Not to mention on the Xbox side of things the AC Odyssey Gold early access starts same day as Forza Horizon 4 launchers or 3 days after it's launched for the standard AC copy which is the same week that most people will budget their spending for anyway.

This is probably the most I've looked forward to an AC is ages maybe even ever I just love the setting and how the RPG elements are becoming more prevalent but I'm struggling to find a place I will fit it in before the a 50% off purchase on Black Friday.

shikamaru317 said:
flashfire926 said:

Assassins Creed Origins was also a week before COD, yet it still did record numbers for the franchise. I think three weeks is enough distance between AC and RDR for both to do well.

Thing is, preorders for it aren't great, quite a bit behind Origins. 9 days from release, it's only at #50, #84, and #86 on Amazon US top 100 for instance. Several weeks back, that NPD guy said that every major Fall/Holiday release's preorders were tracking behind expectations except for RDR2. 

That means, COD, Forza Horizon 4, Smash are all going to disappoint? I find that hard to believe. Especially when microsoft stated FH4 pre orders are strong, which contradicts the report.

We can't solely base our conclusion on Amazon pre-orders. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

https://twitter.com/PostUp_BBB/status/1043567798964953089?s=19 Holy Crap! if this is true then Playground will become the MVP of MS Studios.

MS Renews various trademarks associated with Perfect Dark https://generacionxbox.com/renovacion-perfect-dark-xbox/

Edit: It appears to be old

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 26 September 2018

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:
https://twitter.com/PostUp_BBB/status/1043567798964953089?s=19 Holy Crap! if this is true then Playground will become the MVP of MS Studios.

Really unusual location for a studio. The other 2 studios are close to each other, within easy commute distance, this 3rd studio is like 140 miles away. Also, this 3rd studio is in a more rural area of the UK, the studio itself being in a city with a population of only 11,000, which is really unusual for a game studio, most are in bigger cities or in the suburbs of bigger cities.

Good news though, hopefully the plan is to incubate a new IP there with a small team and then grow the studio up around the IP.  

Yeah a 3rd studio seems unlikely, but i just want confirmation that they are working on a new IP other than FH and Fable and it's possible since before the Fable news there were reports that they were working on a new IP for the 2nd studio so hopefully it's true since it was a non racing open world game.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Max-Payne/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454084c

Max Payne 1 (and 2) showed up on the xbox store out of nowhere...

Also Remedy tweeted out that they have an announcement for tomorrow. It's probably the Max Payne trilogy all on BC.

Bet with Intrinsic:

400 employees isn't that much. I'm guessing 150 of them are staying with Horizon with the help of Turn10 and 250 will work on Fable.