By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UT3 sales a million

Hmm... UT3 looks like it's done okay for itself. It is nice to hear after the abysmal first month sales on the PC.

Around the Network

And I would think that most are on PC.

And to think that Gamespot users were bashing VgChartz because they said the PS3 version of the game had sold 1M and that it was only at like 250K here.

Probaby sold to retailers, since that's what normally gets reported around the internets. People on random forums badmouthing us for crappy reasons is regrettable, but it's not like we can stop them. =/

The majority of sales is for the PC due to Europe.

sounds right, sold to retailers, 2 versions. Looks like VGC is on here.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

gawd i wish UT3 did tons better then it has :(

It's one of the funnest games I have ever played, I absolutly love Halo (Single Player mostly), but UT3 puts Halo to shame in my book...

Oh well, looks like im the minority

well,its not the huge smashing success it was supposed to be,but a million is still good.

1 million console/PC translate to about 2.5 million world wide on PC and about 1 million on console. Not bad.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

While it's not great, it's good to know that this isn't a total flop. VGCHARTZ called it right.